Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pittsburgh Pirates - From Shipwreck to Best in Show
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:29 pm 
Batboy
Batboy

Favorite Team: Twins
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Jim Tracy: I QUIT!
Greg Miller: You can't quit! Where will we get a manager on such short notice?!
Jim: THATS YOUR PROBLEM! I'm sick of always losing! I'm gonna find a new organization which DOESN'T suck!
And with that Jim Tracy stomped out. Greg stands there thinking of a new manager to hire.
Greg: AH HA!
he exclaims as he picks up his phone to call someone
???: hello?
Greg: Hey, Buck I was wondering, would you be interested in managing the Pirates?
Buck Showalter: Of course, I'd be honored!
Greg: Great, get here ASAP
Buck: Ok i'll be there!
Greg hangs up, satisfied with his move on the new manager

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:08 am 
Batboy
Batboy

Sunday, April 15, 2007
San Francisco Giants (7-4) @ Pittsburgh Pirates (5-6)
PNC Park

The Pirates have won Buck Showalters Debut with a 6-1 win.

▲1: Dave Roberts hits the first pitch of the game with a ground out to short. Omar Vizquel then hit a curveball into right for the games first hit. Great Gonzalez, however hit into a 6-4-3 double play.

▼1: On Barry Zito's first pitch, Jason Bay gets his 100th career home run! On the second pitch, jack Wilson hits a very soft grounder to Zito, and it got past him. A lot of the fans started laughing at Zito, but he remained unfazed. Then Freddy Sanchez took ball two as Wilson successfully stole second. He was then hit by a drop curve to get on first. Thats when the Pirates offense stopped, as LaRoche hit into a double play and Bautista flew out to end the inning.

▲2: After Durham lined out, Aurilia grounds out to short. Bengie Molina walked on a 3-2 count, Causing Buck to jump out and scream his head off about how bad the call was. He was ejected as Molina went to first. Pedro Feliz then singles, and Randy Winn executed a perfect bunt to load the bases. Barry Zito made his 3rd blunder when he grounded out.

▼2: Nady and Paulino popped out, and quoting Jack Merluzzi, Duffy "Struckout in 3 pitches!"

▲3: Dave Roberts grounded out to second, and the pitch after, Omar Vizquel singled to second. Great Gonzalez had a opportunity to give the Giants the lead, but flew out. Omar Vizquel then got caught stealing during Durham's at bat.

▼3: Ian Snell led off but bunted into a pop up. Bay then singled to left, and Wilson drove him in with a double off the center field wall. Sanchez then got a fielders choice, advancing Wilson to 3rd. LaRoche then drove in Wilson with an RBI single. Bautista then hit a grounder to second, getting LaRoche out, but Bautista barely beat the throw to first. Xavier Nady then grounded out to end the inning.

▲4: The inning started with Durham hitting a hopper to first, with LaRoche barely making the tag. Aurilia then hit a double that somehow got past Wilson. The fans started booing Wilson. Bengie Molina then popped out. Wilson then redeemed himself by miraculously catching a liner hit by Pedro Feliz.

▼4: Barry Zito got a 1-2-3 inning with Paulino grounding out, Duffy bunting foul with 2 strikes, and Snell flying out to Randy Winn in Right.

▲5: Immediately after flying out to Winn in right, Snell gives up a hit to Winn to right. Barry Zito then got a sacrifice hit to advance Winn to 2nd. Roberts then grounded out to Snell, advancing Winn to 3rd. Omar Vizquel got out 3 though with a grounder to, guess who? Snell.

▼5: The inning started with Bay getting his 3rd hit of the day with a double. Wilson then gets a fielders choice, but Bay stayed at second. Freddy Sanchez then hit a grounder to short, causing Wilson to get out, Bay to 3rd, and himself to first. On the very next pitch, Adam LaRoche took a fastball deep for a 3 run homer, his 5th of the year! Bautista almost went back to back with LaRoche, but the ball went foul. He then grounded out. Xavier Nady ended the inning with a pop fly.

▲6: The 6th belonged to Jason Bay as he made a phenomonal diving catch to retire Gonzalez. Durham then grounded out to 3rd. Then... JASON BAY ROBBED RICH AURILIA OF A HOME RUN!!! Aurilia smacked the ball to left, and Bay jumped up and nabbed it just before it was going to land in the stands! The play is currently on SportCenters top 10 plays!

▼6: The games first pitching change happened as Russ Ortiz replaced Zito. (Sorry guys I forgot to record Paulinos at bat but i assume it was an out) Duffy hit a single over the second baseman's head. Snell and Bay both lined out to end the inning though.

▲7: Molina led off for the Giants with a liner to Bay. Snell then got his first strikeout of the game with Feliz caught looking. Randy Winn then lined out to end the half.

▼7: Wilson led off for the Pirates, getting a fly out. Sanchez then grounded out, and LaRoche made a base running error with a hit off the left field wall for out #3.

▲8: Ryan Klesko was called to pinch hit for Ortiz, but ended up flying out. Roberts and Vizquel then both got out with a grounder and a liner respectively.

▼8: Jack Taschner was called in to pitch for the Giants. He managed to retire all 3 Pirates he faced(Bautista, Nady, and Paulino) with ground outs.

▲9: Great Gonzalez led off for the Giants, but failed to get some much needed offense with a fly out to Duffy. Then, Durham homered to left to end Ian Snell's shutout. Aurilia also tried for power, except his hit went the other way, with a foul fly out to Paulino. Bengie Molina then hit a double that somehow got past Wilson AND Bay. Pedro Feliz was up, and he had a huge chance for a clutch hit, but grounded out to hand Snell a complete game victory.

Final Score
Giants: 1
Pirates: 6

Win - Snell (1-1)
Loss - Zito (1-1)

Home Runs - Bay (3) A.LaRoche (5) Durham (3)

Bay: 3-4, HR
Wilson: 2-4, 2B
Sanchez: 0-3, HBP
LaRoche: 3-4, HR, 4 RBI
Bautista: 0-4

Snell: 9 IP, ER, K

Roberts: 0-4
Vizquel: 2-4
Gonzalez: 0-4
Durham: 1-4, HR
Aurilia: 1-4 2B

Zito: 5 IP, 6 ER, 2K
R.Ortiz: 2 IP
Taschner: IP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:52 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Wow, these updates are so full now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:40 am 
Batboy
Batboy

Thanks, I hope you enjoy them :)

only downside is that it takes 1 hour to record the games, and 1 hour to type, but im working on that right now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:59 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
I type DURING the game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:09 pm 
Batboy
Batboy

AnthonyP wrote:
I type DURING the game.

I would to but the computer is upstairs and the Wii is downstairs and i can't move the wii upstairs or the computer downstairs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:34 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
AnthonyP wrote:
I type DURING the game.

You use capitals a lot, mate.

Loving the log, by the way, Rodwick, keep it up!

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:53 pm 
Batboy
Batboy

Powerprosfan31 wrote:
Loving the log, by the way, Rodwick, keep it up!

Thanks, i might get 2 or maybe more updates by the of the day (they are recorded now i just neew to type em)

Last edited by Rodwick on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:57 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
The PBP style is really cool, I'm a big fan.

I'd like to see how everyone else in the lineup does in the games, though, not just the 5 players.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 pm 
Batboy
Batboy

PowerPro Jr wrote:

I'd like to see how everyone else in the lineup does in the games, though, not just the 5 players.

Ok i'll start going that in future games.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:14 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Mets
Good job. Go LaRoch!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Ham Bone wrote:
Good job. Go LaRock!!

Theres a person at my school with that last name. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:55 am 
Batboy
Batboy

Hey guys, sorry for not making a update today, we are having a party at our home and I'm going to bed, I'll get an update up tomorrow i swear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
you sweared so its happenin'

Best JPPY '11 Player
First JPPY '12 Player

Checkout my Honolulu Greats log also

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:12 pm 
Batboy
Batboy

Tuesday, April 4, 2007
Pittsburgh Pirates (7-6) @ St. Louis Cardinals (5-8)
Game 2, Busch Stadium

The Pirates have swept the last place Cardinals with a 9-5 victory.

▲1: B. Thompson started the game with a 1-2-3 inning, using only 3 pitches to get Bay, Wilson, and Sanchez all to fly out.

▼1: David Eckstein hits a change into right field for the first Cardinals hit. Duncan then gets struck out. Albert Pujols was up to bat, and Gorzelanny started pitching away, nearly walking him due to his phenomenal clutch abilities. Pujols was still able to single however, advancing Eckstein to 3rd. Juan Encarnacion then hits a single right up between short and second, scoring Eckstein. Scott Rolen then took advantage off a mistake pitch right down the middle, sending it deep for a double, scoring Pujols. Molina then flies out to Wilson, who dove to get it. Jim Edmonds ended the inning with a grounder to Gorzelanny.

▲2: LaRoche led off for the Pirates with a fly out to center. Bautista then followed up with a grounder to second. Nady got the Pirates first hit with a single over Kennedy's head, but Kennedy got the next out by retiring Paulino on a routine ground ball.

▼2: Kennedy started the outing witha double to center. Gorzelanny then successfully made Thompson, Eckstein, and Duncan all ground out.

▲3: Duffy almost got his first homer of the year, but the ball died in deep center. Gorzelanny did what he caused the cards to do last inning. he grounded out. Bay then hit a single off the left field wall, but was caught stealing during Wilson's at bat.

▼3: Albert Pujols flew out, but Juan Encarnacion doubled off the center field wall. One pitch later, Rolen hit a double to the exact same place in the wall, Encarnacion scores. Yadier Molina then hit a sharp grounder to Sanchez. Edmonds ended the inning with a pop up to LaRoche.

▲4: Wilson got his first homer of the season off a curveball by Thompson.Sanchez then hits a deep fly to center for out one. LaRoche gets on base with a single, but is caught stealing. Bautista ends the inning with a groundout to short.

▼4: Kennedy grounded out to first, and Thompson flew out to first. Eckstein then got a infield hit, but Duncan flew out for out 3.

▲5: The top of the fifth was only about 5 minutes, as Nady, Paulino, and Duffy all grounded out to short.

▼5: The bottom of the fifth went just as fast, as Pujols, Encarnacion, and Rolen flew out to Gorzelanny.

▲6: The inning started with a scare for the Pirates, as Gorzelanny collapsed after getting hit by a pitch. He was not injured and went to first. Jason Bay then exacted revenge on Thompson with a two run homer to tie the game. Jack Wilson flew out in the foul territory. After that, Freddy Sanchez singled. Adam LaRoche had a chance to give the Pirates the lead, but flew out to second. Bautista also had a chance to give the Pirates the lead, but flew out to shallow center.

▼6: Molina led off with a blooper to left, but Sanchez didn't get there in time so he got a single. Edmonds followed up with a double over Duffy's head. Molina stopped at 3rd. Kennedy then hit a double RIGHT along the first base foul line, scoring Molina and Edmonds. That was the end of Gorzelanny's day, as he was pulled and Kuwata was put in.Kuwata was dominant the second he got in. He easily got Thompson to ground out, Eckstein to line out, and Duncan to fly out.

▲7: Xavier Nady got a single to get the 7th started. Paulino hit into a double play, barely losing to the throw. Duffy then flew out to center.

▼7: After the 7th inning stretch, Albert Pujols flew out to very deep left, barely missing a homer.Encarnacion the grounded out to 3rd, and Rolen ended the inning with a fly to shallow left.

▲8: Masumi Kuwata got his first major league hit with a chopper to short. Bay then hit a single to left. This led to the pulling of Thompson, who left with a standing ovation. Franklin replaced Thompson, but immediately loaded the bases with a Wilson single. Next... FREDDY SANCHEZ GOT A GRAND SLAM!!! He gets his second homer of the year with a grand slam to right to give the Pirates the lead!!! The crowd was silent as Franklin was pulled and Looper was sent in. LaRoche almost got a homer but flew out. Bautista then singled to left. Nady singled, but was caught trying for second, Bautista to third. Paulino then gets on by a error from Looper, Bautista scores. Duffy ended the outing with a grounder to second.

▼8: Aaron Miles came in to pinch hit for Molina, but popped out.Edmonds then struck out, giving Kuwata his first K. Kennedy then swung on a 3-0 count for a grounder to first.

▲9: Kuwata started off the ninth with a liner to first. Jason Bay got his 4th hit with a double. Wilson dove Bay in with a single. Freddy Sanchez almost gets his second homer, but flies out to left. LaRoche doubled, but Wilson was tagged out at home.

▼9: So Taguchi was called in to pinch hit for Looper, but grounded out instead. Eckstein cae out swinging early, but grounded out aswell. Chris Duncan ended the game with a high fly to Paulino.

Final Score
Pirates: 9
Cardinals: 5

Win - Kuwata (1-0)
Loss - Franklin (0-1)
Home Runs - Bay (4) Wilson (1) Sanchez (2)

Eckstein: 2-5, 2B
Duncan: 0-5
Pujols: 1-4
Rolen: 2-4, 2 RBI
Edmonds: 1-4, 2B

B.Thompson: 7 IP, 5 ER
Franklin: 0 IP, 2 ER
Looper: 2 IP, 2 R, E

Bay: 4-5, 2B, HR
Wilson: 3-5, HR
Sanchez: 2-5, GS
LaRoche: 2-5, 2B
Duffy: 0-4

Gorzelanny: 5 IP, K, 5 ER
Kuwata: 4 IP, K

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next