Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: San Jose Riptide - The Franchise
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:19 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
San Jose Riptide (Berg 5-5) VS. New York Yankees (Pettitte 6-8 ) 7/15

San Jose - The Riptide offence has been getting a lot of big first innings this season and they did it again tonight against the AL East leading Yankees and starter Andy Pettitte.
"I don't know why we have gotten off to such good starts, I just hope it keeps happening." said third baseman Mario Cirelli
The big first inning started on a Willie Hays base hit and stolen base. Chad Williams singled, Mario Cirelli followed with an RBI single and Benny Rodriguez hit a three run home run. The inning continued on a Zach Goodwin double, a Dottie Hinson single and RBI singles from AJ Wright and Joe Martino.
The Yankees would threaten in the third getting a base hit from Doug Mientkiewicz and a double from Derek Jeter. The Yankees would not score, however, as Berg got Jason Giambi to strikeout to end the inning
The Yankees would get on the board in the forth with a Jorge Posada solo homerun.
Riptide manager Jimmy Dugan was thrown out of another game this season, this time for arguing a stolen base. Jhonny Damon was called safe at second base, but Dugan felt Dotti Hinson's throw beat Damon to the bag. The second base umpire let Dugan have his say but threw him out when Dugan kicked dirt on second base.
"Jhonny was like superman sliding into that bag and Benny tagged him before he landed. I don't know? You tell me." Was Dugan's response to the play.
The Riptide picked up another run in the seventh On a Homer Kelly SAC fly that scored Dotti Hinson.
Bill Berg was finally chased from the game after 7.2 IP when Derek Jeter singled. Jason Giambi then hit a 2 run homererun off of reliever Darien Stults .
But that was as close as the Yankees would get as Rick Vaughn closed out the ninth for his 18th save

Box Score
NYY:3
SJR:6
-------------------------------
WP: Berg (6-5)
LP: Pettitte (6-9)
SV: Vaughn (18)
HR: Rodriguez (23); Giambi (12), Posada (11)
Yankees: Giambi 2-4, HR, 2RBI, R; Posada 1-3, HR
Riptide: Rodriguez 3-4, HR, 2RBI, R; Hinson 2-4, 2B, 2R

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:20 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

San Jose Riptide (Andrews 1-0) @ Tampa Bay Rays (Santos 1-8) 7/19

Tampa Bay- Rookie Evan Andres has pinched well in his two starts since coming up to the majors posting just a 2.00 ERA. That change a bit tonight as Andrews got knocked around by the Tampa Bay Rays last night.
"He's a rookie; rookies tend to get knocked around a bit. He didn't Andrews didn't pitch well, but it's a valuable learning experience when go out get your butt kick." Said manager Jimmy Dugan
"It was a bit of a rough night." was all Andrews could say of his performance.
But Andrews got a ton of run support as the Riptide offence brought their hitting shoes to this game and staked Andrews to an early lead getting a base hit from Willie Hays and a two run homerun from Mario Cirelli in the first inning.
The Rays would get one back in the bottom of the first after an Akanuri Iwamura double, Andrews uncorked a wild pitch that allowed Iwamura to move up to third and later score on a Jorge Cantu RBI single.
The Riptide would add four more runs between the third and fourth inning. Getting a Chad Williams RBI single in the third; an RBI single by Willie Hays and a two RBI triple from Chad Williams in the fourth.
The Rays stuck back for four of their own runs in the bottom of the fourth. The Rays loaded the bases on consecutive singles by Juan Castro, Ben Zoberist and Poronto. Iwamura, who had a big night, cleared the bases with athree RBI triple and scored on a Jorge Cantu RBI single
The Riptide scored one a piece in each of the fifth and sixth innings getting a SAC fly from Dotti Hinson in the fifth and an RBI double from Hays in the sixth.
Andrews was finally chased from the game in the sixth after giving up a monster homerun to the light hitting Ben Zoberist. The Rays tried to mount a big inning off reliever Dwayne Wane getting back to back base hits from Rocco Baldelli and Iwamua before Wane settled down and got Cantu to ground into a double play to end the inning.
Hinson added another RBI in the seventh and the Riptide exploded in the eighth scoring seven times I the inning. The Riptide got RBI singles from Cirelli, Benny Rodriguez, Joe Martino and Hays. The big blow of the inning was a Zach Goodwin three run home run.
The Rays made some noise in the bottom of the ninth getting back to back solo homeruns from Olmadeo Sanez and Carl Crawford. Pinch hitter Jason Werth would fly out to end the game.

Box Score
SJR:16
TB:8
WP: Andrews (2-0)
LP: Santos(1-9)
HR: Sanez (2), Crawford (12), Zoberist (2); Cirelli (10), Goodwin (10)
Riptide: Hays 6-6, 2B, 3RBI, 4R, 2SB; Goodwin 3-6, HR, 3RBI, R
Rays: Iwamura 3-5, 2 2B, 3RBI, 2R; Zobrist 3-4, HR, RBI, 2R

Riptide (50-46) Rays(32-64)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:21 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Riptide make roster move

Riptide recall Owen Ruan from AAA Port Orford and send down P George Houck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Texas Rangers (Koronka 1-10) VS. Riptide (Lawson 0-0)

San Jose- With Benny Rodriguez taking the night off the Riptide offence would normally take a big hit. However, the Riptide used a two homerun performance from Dotti Hinson, and a solid first major league start from Brad Lawson to take down the Texas Rangers last nigh 7-1.
"I'm used to starting and I was definitely more comfortable in this role then coming out of the pen," said Lawson who has had a rough start pitching out of the Riptide pen.
The only run Lawson gave up was in the first when Mike Jacobs singled home Kenny Lofton who singled and stole a base.
The Riptide got that run back in the second when Dotti Hinson hit a solo homerun, her first of the game, to left center. The Riptide threatened to blow the inning open by loading the bases with just one out. But Willie Hays struk out and Chad Williams grounded out to second to end the threat.
In the third Zach Goodwin doubled to lead off the inning and Dotti Hinson followed with her second homerun of the game. Andrew Collins, filling in at short for Rodriguez, added a 2RBI single in the inning as well.
The Rangers would mount a threat in the fourth getting back to back one out base hits from Jacobs,and Hank Blaylock. But Lawson got out of the jam getting Frank Catlanatto and Gerald Laird to both ground out to end the inning.
The Riptide added their final two runs in the seventh. Zach Goodwin singled and scored from first on a Hinson double. Hinson would score later in the inning when Joe Martino singled her home.
"It's about time she contributed offensively," quipped Jimmy Dugan "I was wondering if she remembered how to actually swing a bat."
Owan Ruan would close out the game pitching the eight and ninth.

Box Score
TEX:1
SJR:7
-----------------------------
WP: Lawson (1-0)
LP: Koronka (1-11)
HR: Hinson 2 (9,10)
Rangers: Lofton 2-4, R, SB; Jacobs 3-3, RBI
Riptide: Lawson 7IP, 6H, 4K, 1ER; Hinson 3-4, 2 HR, 2B, 4RBI, 3R

Rangers (41-58) Riptide (53-46)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:54 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Seattle Mariners (Weaver 4-6) VS. Riptide (Dunne 10-2) 7/27

San Jose- Ryan Dunne pitched another strong game for the Riptide last night, going the distance and allowing just one run to earn his eleventh victory of the season.
"Ryan's a beast." said firs baseman Lou Newman. "When he takes the ball we never feel like we are going to ever lose that day."
San Jose really needed the effort tonight because Mariners starter Jared Weaver gave the Riptide hitters fits all night, allowing just a hand full of hits over the first five innings.
The Riptide didn't do them selves any favors either in trying to get a run, failing to score with a runner on third in no out in the first inning. Willie Hays tried to score on a ground ball against a drawn-in infield but was thrown out at the plate by Jose Vidro. Chad Williams then got thrown out trying to steal second and Mario Cirelli struck out to end the inning.
The Mariners would get their only run of the game in the second on and Adrin Beltre RBI double.
The Riptide would finally break through against Weaver in the sixth on a Mario Cirelli RBI single.
Cirelli would give the Riptide the lead for good in the eighth with and RBI single and Benny Rodriguez hit a two run home run to give the Riptide a three run lead.
With Rick Vaughn unavailable due to side pains Dunne, who was visibly tiring, went back out and finished the game in the ninth.
"Rick missed some time early this year with side pains so we were just holding him out tonight as a precaution, "said manager Jimmy Dugan before adding "I don't know if those pains were injury related or from the nasty chili he was snacking on."

Box Score
SEA:1
SJR:4
WP: Dunne (11-2)
LP: Weaver (4-7)
HR: Rodriguez (24)
Mariners: Beltre 1-3, 2B, RBI; Betancourt 1-3, 2B
Riptide: Dunne CG, 6H, 8K, 1ER; Cirelli 2-4 2B, 2RBI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:47 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Riptide players earn honors for July

Willie Hays was named fielder of the month in the AL for July(.423/1HR/18RBI)
Ryan Dunne was named pitcher and rookie of the month in the AL for July (4-0/ 0.45 ERA/ 29K)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Statistical review through the end of July

July Offensive Stats
W.Hays: H-135/AVR-.327/R-82/RBI-52/2B-15/3B-3/HR-2/SB-75
C.Williams: H-106/AVR-.255/R-/RBI-51/2B-11/3B-0/HR-2/SB-19
M.Cirelli: H-102/AVR-.323/R-62/RBI-60/2B-24/3B-0/HR-10/SB-1
B.Rodriguez: H-129/AVR-.327/R-90/RBI-98/2B-27/3B-3/HR-25/SB-29
D.Hinson: H-106/AVR-.312/R-46/RBI-68/2B-23/3B-0/HR-10/SB-8
L.Newman: H-100/AVR-.266/R-43/RBI-51/2B-16/3B-0/HR-5/SB-9
Z.Goodwin: H-105/AVR-.297/R-57/RBI-58/2B-14/3B-0/HR-10/SB-5
A.Wright: H-72/AVR-.235/R-42/RBI-36/2B-7/3B-2/HR-1/SB-22
J.Martino: H-83/AVR-.235/R-44/RBI-45/2B-14/3B-1/HR-3/SB-16
A.Collins: H-10/AVR-.286/R-12/RBI-5/2B-0/3B-1/HR-0/SB-3
J.Seaver: H-27/AVR-.194/R-15/RBI-18/2B-3/3B-1/HR-1/SB-0
H.Porter: H-13/AVR-.203/R-5/RBI-3/2B-1/3B-0/HR-1/SB-0
H.Kelly: H-20/AVR-.313/R-12/RBI-13/2B-2/3B-1/HR-2/SB-3

July Pitching Stats
R.Dunne: IP-143/ER-45/ERA-2.83/SO-116/BB-17/W-11/L-2/SV-0
S.Wells: IP-90.2/ER-54/ERA-5.36/SO-66/BB-48/W-3/L-6/SV-0
M.Pelfrey: IP-50/ER-27/ERA-4.86/SO-31/BB-20/W-3/L-3/SV-0
B.Berg: IP-100.1/ER-61/ERA-5.47/SO-75/BB-29/W-7/L-6/SV-0
E.Andrews: IP-23/ER-10/ERA-3.91/SO-22/BB-4/W-2/L-0/SV-0
B.Lawson: IP-15.2/ER-18/ERA-5.17/SO-9/BB-16/W-1/L-0/SV-0
A.Keaton: IP-29.2/ER-10/ERA-3.03/SO-13/BB-18/W-2/L-1/SV-1
O.Ruan: IP-51.2/ER-28/ERA-4.88/SO-22/BB-27/W-4/L-4/SV-2
S.Lewis: IP-80.1/ER-33/ERA-3.70/SO-22/BB-46/W-6/L-3/SV-0
D.Wane: IP-46/ER-27/ERA-5.28/SO-16/BB-19/W-3/L-4/SV-1
D.Stults: IP-13/ER-7/ERA-4.73/SO-9/BB-0/W-2/L-0/SV-1
R.Vaughn: IP-29.1/ER-13/ERA-3.99/SO-6/BB-1/W-1/L-3/SV-19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:13 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

San Jose Riptide (Lawson 1-0) @ Minnesota Twins (Ortiz 0-2) 8/1

Minneapolis- The San Jose Riptide ended tier brief two game slide last night, behind strong performances from a pair of rookies; Brad Lawson and Homer Kelly, beating the Minnesota Twins 4-2.
Although things didn't look so good in the first for Lawson, after giving up a double to Luis Castillo and a base hit to Joe Mauer, Lawson loaded the bases by walking Justin Morneau. But, with two outs, Lawson got Torri Hunter to strike out to end the threat.
"At that point you are just waiting to see how a young pitcher reacts to that type of pressure. He did a good job of not giving up the big hit and holding those guys down." Said manager Jimmy Dugan of his young righty.
The Tide would get Lawson a lead in the second. Dotti Hinson singled and Lou Newman. Hinson then scored when Ortiz and Mauer got crossed up on pitch selection and the ball rolled to the backstop. Homer Kelly and Willie Hays then followed with RBI singles. Kelly would drive in his second run of the game with a sacrifice fly in the fourth.
The Twins would break through in the sixth against Lawson getting consecutive singles ending in an RBI single from Garrett Jones.
The Twins got a run in the eighth on a Torri Hunter RBI double, but ran themselves out of a potential big inning early when Joe Mauer was thrown out trying to steal ahead of a Michael Cuddyer double.
Rick Vaughn came in and had a rare 1-2-3 ninth to lockup the game.

Box Score
SJR:4
MIN:2
WP: Lawson (2-0)
LP: Ortiz (0-3)
SV: Vaughn (20)
Riptide: Lawson 6.1IP, 8H, 7K, 1ER; Hinson 3-4, 2 2B, 2R
Twins: Castillo 2-3 2B; Jones 1-2 RBI

Riptide (57-50) Twins (66-41)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:14 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Benny Rodriguez was names AL player of the week for 7/30 to 8/5: .526 2HR 7RBI

Riptide make roster change
Riptide recall P Kenny DeNunez and send Owen Ruan back to AAA Port Orford

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:15 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

San Jose Riptide (DeNunez 5-7) @ Tampa Bay Rays (Shields 5-8) 8/5

Tampa Bay- On most nights an 11 run effort would warrant big marks for the Tide offence. But the most impressive number of the night was 0. As in the number of runs recently called Kenny DeNunez gave up as he pitched a complete game shutout in his first start since being recalled from AAA.
"It was nice to be back and to be able to pitch as well as I did," said Denunez after the game. "I was able to work on some things while I was in triple A and get straightened out. Now that I'm back up, I just have to keep working hard."
Not to be outdone, the offensive catalyst for the Tide, Benny Rodriguez, also stole the show, going 5-5 with a homerun and three steals.
"Really, there is not much he can't do and you got to see that all on display tonight. He's a special athlete." said Willie Hays of Rodriguez.
The Rodriguez show started in the first when he singled, stole a base and scored on a Zach Goodwin RBI single; coincidently, the Tide would score a run the same way in the third. But, before that, the Riptide would add a run in the second when Homer Kelly scored on a Willie Hays fielders choice.
The Riptide then began to blow the game open in the fourth. After Joe Martino singled and Willie Hays doubled, Chad Williams followed with a 2 RBI triple and the inning would be capped off on a Benny Rodriguez 2 run homerun.
The Rays mounted their only legitimate threat in the bottom of the fourth when Jorge Cantu and Ty Wigginton both singled to open the inning. But DeNunez got out of the jam getting Elija Dukes to ground into a double play and then struck out Olmado Sanez to end the inning.
In the sixth Chad Williams and Rodriguez opened the inning by singling and Goodwin drove in Williams with an RBI double. Dotti Hinson grounded to first and Sanez came home with the throw. Rodriguez ran over catcher Dioner Navarro forcing him to drop the ball. Navarro would have leave the game after the colission, but sustained no serious injury. Zach Goodwin would score on a Kelly ground out and the Rays would cap the scoring in the seventh with another Rodriguez RBI.

Box Score
SJR:11
TB:0
WP: DeNunez (6-7)
LP: Shields (5-9)
HR: Rodriguez (27)
Riptide: DeNunez CGSHO, 7H, 8K, 0BB; Rodriguez 5-5, HR, 3RBI, 4R, 3SB
Rays: Cantu 2-4; Wigginton 3-4, 2B

Riptide (58-52) Rays (37-73)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

The door to the manager’s office banged open so loudly, that it made all the players in the clubhouse stop what they were doing and look at the manager’s office anxiously. The looks on their faces became more anxious when they caught sight of their managers face; he look very angry at something, or someone.
After scanning the room for a few seconds, Jimmy Dugan gave up trying to find who he was looking for and just decided to do what he did best; yell. “Williams! Cirelli!.... Vaughn! Get your asses in my office now!”
The three players slowly made their way through the clubhouse and towards the manager’s office. Vaughn was the only one who looked calm, the other two players both turned white. When they finally made their way in the office, Jimmy closed the door loudly and yelled for all three of them to sit down. When they sat down the three players also notice that the GM and the remainder of the coaching staff was also in the room.
“What the hell is wrong with you three?! You completely trashed that hotel suite when we were in Tampa with that huge party you stupidly decided to throw!”
Vaughn spoke up, “Ah, it wasn’t that big. Just a little get together that got a little out of hand.”
“A little out of hand! The manager sent pictures and a list of damages over to Al!” Jimmy fumbled angrily with papers on his desk before picking one up and reading: “Holes in the wall, the chandelier was pulled down, the bed frame in one of the rooms was busted, stains on the couches and carpet from the alcohol… Where on God’s green Earth did you get a penguin?”
Williams spoke up “Sorry about the mess, skip, but I don’t know anything about a penguin.”
“I don’t know either,” Said, Cirelli softly. Jimmy turned a piercing look to Rick.
“Hey, I wish I knew where the penguin came from. It’s brilliant.”
“Yes, well, I hope you all had fun.” Jimmy stated sarcastically before Rick jumped back in raising his hand, “I know I did and, while I can’t speak for these guys, I’m sure they did to. Matter of fact I pretty sure Mario here turned in his ‘V’ card.”
Mario turned bright red as he looked at Rick. Rick saw his reaction and kept pushing “Yeah you did! Look at that look on your face… wait! So you’re the one that broke… damn, son, she was hot!”
Mario smiled weakly “Her friend was hotter.”
“Are you telling me…” Mario nodded and Rick held up his hand for a fist pound “I’m impressed.”
“Well, I’m not.” Jimmy’s voice cut through the side conversation, bringing both players back to attention. “Now, I don’t care who did what to who or whose idea this was in the first place. This whole mess is coming out of your paychecks. Personally I’d like to send and bury all three of you in single A and let you rot till the end of the year.”
Rick loudly whispered to bot Chad and Mario, “It’s not that bad, we’ll be back up within two weeks.”
Jimmy smiled wickedly “Yes, perhaps the minors aren’t so bad, unless I decide to send you to A ball… IN THE VIETNAMESE LEAGUE! … WHAT!?”
Chad lowered his hand slowly “Skip, we could die of Malaria over there. Maybe we should…” He stopped speaking. Jimmy looked like he could care less if that was the case.
“Relax, kid. There is no such thing as minor league baseball in Vietnam,” Came Jake Taylor’s calm voice.
“Well, I was going to speak, but I think Jimmy made it clear how unhappy we are over this,” GM Al Prcolo said. “In addition to docked pay you three will apologize directly to the hotel, the staff and you will be doing volunteer work in San Jose from now till the off season.”
“Now,” Jimmy said siting back behind his desk, “No A ball team in Vietnam or not, you three pull a stunt like this again and you won’t have to worry about Malaria, because I will tie the three of you behind my boat and use you as shark bait. Now, get!” With that the players left the office.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:42 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Texas Rangers (Loe 4-9) VS. Riptide (Pelfrey 3-3)

San Jose- The Riptide didn't look good for most of the game tonight, but fought back when it counted the most to steal away a win tonight from division foe the Texas Rangers.
"We had a tough time getting going. Mike (Pelfrey) got off to a rough start and, offensivly, we just couldn't center up anything." said shortstop Benny Rodriguez.
The Rangers struck quickly in the first getting singles from Michael Young and Kenny Lofton before Mike Jacobs drove in Young with an RBI 1B.
Young bit the Tide again in the second with and RBI single and Hank Blaylock scored on a Frank Catalanotto RBI single in the third.
The Riptide got on the board in the bottom of the third, scratching out a run on a Benny Rodriguez RBI double.
The Rangers would erase that run in the top of the eighth on a Russell Martin RBI single.
The Riptide then began their comeback in the bottom of the eighth. Willie Hays and Chad Williams opened the inning with back to back singles and Mario Cirelli and Dotti Hinson followed with RBI singles to draw the Tide within one.
In the ninth, Rangers closer Eric Gagne beaned light hitting Joe Martino with one out. Martino stole second, just beating the throw of Ivan Rodriguez and scored on a Willie Hays RBI single. The Riptide used their speed again when Hays stole second a few pitches later and then scored a batter later when Mario Cirelli ripped a game winning RBI single to right center.

Box Score
TEX:4
SJR:5
WP: Lawson (3-0)
LP: Gagne (2-3)
Rangers: Young 3-5, RBI, R; Jacobs 2-4, 2B, RBI, R
Riptide: Cirelli 4-5, 2B, 2RBI; Hays 2-5 RBI, 2R, SB

Rangers (48-67) Riptide (62-53)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:43 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

San Jose Riptide (Lawson 3-0) @ Detroit Tigers (Bonderman 10-6)

1st- Hays 1B SB, Williams reach on FC, Cirelli FC, Benny 2RBI 2B
3rd- Hays 1B SB, Williams RBI 1B
5th- Hays Williams 1B, Cirelli 2RBI 2B
Marcus Thames Casey 1B, Granderson RBI 1B
7th- Craig Monroe 2B Lawson pulled after hurting his right arm pitching to Sean Casey and was relieved by Stults, Got Casey to F-9 and Granderson G3
9th- Lou Newman solo HR

Box Score
SJR:6
DET:1
WP: Lawson (4-0)
LP: Bonderman (10-7)
HR: Newman (7)
Riptide: Rodriguez 1-4, 2B, 2RBI; Newman HR, RBI, R
Tigers: Granderson 1-4, RBI; Ordonez 2-4, 2B

Riptide (63-56) Tigers (62-57)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:07 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
You still running this log. Looks interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I think he might have paused it because he got '08 on Christmas I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next