Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Season Mode Bug - All Injuries all last 0 days?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:47 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
So I got MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii for Christmas, and I am crazy addicted. Love the game...have played almost up to the All Star game after beating Success Mode twice to create the guys. Just so fun.

My one big issue though - no one ever gets hurt in my season. I mean they do...I've had guys leave the game maybe 5 times all year for in game injuries...but nothing that kept them out the next game...they were always back to full health. I figured maybe it was just good luck, but then I had Joey Gathright get injured and turn the green face but they would still let me play him! He led off for me and played okay for like 6 games and then one day the girl said he was healthy again and could play...even though he never stopped playing. So then I looked at the computer injuries and saw they had guys who weren't playing due to injuries, but all their injury extents said 0 days. So...something is screwed up.

Any ideas? Injury is definitely on (I checked) and this repeats itself even when I start over a new season. This sucks...I'm hoping it is something fixable!

TL:DR: Guys can get hurt, but injuries don't hold them out of games...everyone can play every game forever regardless of status.

Post subject: Re: Season Mode Bug - All Injuries all last 0 days?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:04 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
First off, welcome to the forums!

As for injuries, they really are few and far between. When did you look at the list of injuries? If I recall correctly, they accumulate over the season and never clear out.

Getting injured and still letting you play him...I think it depends on what his injury was, if it was something really minor, then I don't think there's a problem.

Obviously, someone will have to confirm what I say, but this is just going from memory on how the game works.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:19 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

dishnet34 wrote:
First off, welcome to the forums!

As for injuries, they really are few and far between. When did you look at the list of injuries? If I recall correctly, they accumulate over the season and never clear out.

Getting injured and still letting you play him...I think it depends on what his injury was, if it was something really minor, then I don't think there's a problem.

Obviously, someone will have to confirm what I say, but this is just going from memory on how the game works.

Thanks for the welcome!

I definitely get they are few and far between...I know I've had like less than 10 for the season, and maybe 7 of those knocked the guy out for the rest of the game. I was just kind of surprised those injuries never carried over to the next game...the guy is literally always healthy the next game.

I looked at the list after my last game - I'm in early July. It looks like they've cleared out as there are just one or two injuries per team. And the guys who were listed injured were greyed out on the trade screen (I can't trade for them because they're hurt) but they still say 0 days injured.

On the playing him, I never even got info that he was hurt...he just had the green face and they tried to play Josh Hamilton over him. I put Gathright back in and after 6 games I got a notification that he was healthy and could play again. I should've checked to see how many days he was expected to miss but I forgot to.

Finally, and this is just random...the cpu just did a trade of Greg Maddux and Jake Peavy for Juan Rivera. I love the randomness of cpu trades in this game!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:57 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

So I think you guys are right that injuries are just rare and don't last long. I've had multiple injuries since my original post (maybe 10 guys pulled from games, three made a guy turn green face, none lasted more than 6 days). Every single time I was able to insert this guy into my lineup if I so wished. I also played the Cubs and Alfonso Soriano was injured but still able to play.

And adding to what dishnet said, it's true the injuries never clear out. It'll say 0 days left for an injury and then just stay that way til season's end.

So I haven't had any DL injuries...how rare are those? One per year maybe? Do they occur more at harder difficulty?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:38 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

So it took a while, but I finally had my first DL injury and thought I'd mention it. Ben Zobrist got hurt in a game and afterwards the girl said he'd be out 30 days and needed a DL stint. He was then on the 15 day DL and not on my major league roster. When the first stint was up, she recommended a 2nd stint, and he's currently on that. So I finally got to see it for myself!