Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Miami Marlins Season Log, Part 4!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:48 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
???: Some interesting news from the sports world today as Major League Baseball will undergo a major transition and change. Let’s go to Zachary Morton with the scoop.

ZACHARY: You are correct, Bill, there is huge news from the MLB today. Not only will the league expand to 32 teams, but there will be a full “Dream Draft” with all players eligible to be selected.

BILL: So no more Giancarlo Stanton, no more Jose Fernandez here in Miami?

ZACHARY: That’s not necessarily the case. Our Marlins could very well draft those players if they so choose. But it’ll all be up to a brand-new ownership and management team.

BILL: So no more Loria, eh?

ZACHARY: Indeed. It seems a mysterious group has offered a substantial bid and the sale has already been finalized. I’ll try to report more details as I hear them, but so far all we have is rumors floating around. Everyone from public figures to wealthy businessmen to even a few large corporations have been in the spotlight today as reporters like myself seek to find the true identity of the new owners.

BILL: Thank you, Zachary. And now, on to the weather with Greg Harris…

GREG: We live in Miami. It’s beautiful and you should all be outside enjoying it.

BILL: Thank you, Greg. That does it for the news at 6. Entertainment Tonight is up next followed by the national news at 7.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Post subject: Re: Miami Marlins Season Log, Part 4!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Updated Roster dream draft? Im in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:04 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
AYY IT'S LIT FAM

When I get my rosters updated hopefully soon I'm starting up a log too

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:49 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BILL: That does it for the news at 6. Stay tuned for special coverage of the 2016 MLB Dream Draft, coming up next!

[A Verizon ad plays]

[A Buick ad plays]

[A promo for another show plays]

BILL: And we’re back, live here with our pal Zachary Morton at the 2016 MLB Dream Draft. Zachary, tell us what we can expect from the Marlins as they get ready to make their picks.

ZACHARY: Well, the biggest storyline of all is who will go number one, and it is indeed our beloved Miami Marlins who will be making that decision, as they won the lottery this morning for the right to pick first, not just in the first round but in every subsequent round.

BILL: Wow. A lot riding on that lottery. Tell us about the players who Miami will be deciding between.

ZACHARY: Well, certainly you could take a number of players with this pick, but the five players we want to hone in on are starting pitchers Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers and Jake Arrieta of the Cubs, first baseman Miguel Cabrera of the Tigers, left fielder Bryce Harper of the Nationals, and center fielder Mike Trout of the Angels. Certainly players like Manny Machado and even Miami’s own Giancarlo Stanton could be in the mix for those top picks but we think the Marlins will go with one of that group at 1/1.

BILL: How about a scouting report?

ZACHARY: I’d be happy to oblige, but it looks like Commissioner Manfred is ready to announce the first pick.

MANFRED: Ladies and gentlemen, good evening, and welcome to the 2016 Major League Baseball Dream Draft. I would like to first thank our hosts for the evening at the Madison Square Garden, and our sponsors in Lowe’s, Chevrolet, and Scott’s. Without further ado, I would like to announce the first pick.

With the first pick in the 2016 Major League Baseball Dream Draft, the Miami Marlins select Clayton Kershaw, left-handed pitcher, from the Los Angeles Dodgers.

ZACHARY: Impressive pick there from the Marlins.

INT. MARLINS WAR ROOM. TV CAMERA SHOWS EACH FACE IN THE ROOM PIXELATED OUT.

???: Great pick, boys. Who are we thinking second round?

???: I’d go for a hitter here. Maybe an up-the-middle guy, shortstop perhaps?

???: Obviously we’ll check who’s available and…it’s our turn. That was quick.

???: Almost like the other picks were made in rapid-fire succession by a computer.

???: Don’t be silly, Marvin. You and your dumb conspiracy theories. “We’re all run by computers! Soup will never sell! Hot dogs are only good when they’re hot, and also they are sandwiches!”

MARVIN: Um…Chief?

CHIEF: Yes?

MARVIN: Look who’s available.

CHIEF: Well, I’ll be damned. Mike mother*(censored)* Trout is on the board, ladies and gentlemen.

INT. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN. COMMISSIONER MANFRED PREPARES TO ANNOUNCE THE NEXT PICK.

MANFRED: With the thirty-third pick in the 2016 MLB Dream Draft, the Miami Marlins select Mike Trout, center fielder from the Los Angeles Angels.

ZACHARY: No way. No [bleep]ing way.

BILL: Wow.

ZACHARY: [shaking his head] No [bleep]ing way. No [bleep]ing way.

From then, the draft went on without a hitch…

CHIEF: Do we really need to get a catcher? I mean, with…

MARVIN: We should get one anyways, just in case.

CHIEF: I’ll look—no, there really isn’t much available. I’ll go grab some prospects and some relievers.

The draft finished at approximately 7:22 PM, after twenty-one rounds of drafting.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:31 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Don't Own
Marvin going to kill it as a co-GM

21 rounds? Tight rosters.

BEN: "The ICHIRO is what gives a Jedi his powers."

VADER: "The power of this battle station is insignificant next to the power of the ICHIRO."

BEN(ghost): "May the ICHIRO be with you, always."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:22 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Rockies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu
Hmmmm... Interesting.

K O N I S H I
2008 WAR: 9.4
2011 WAR: 11.4
2012 WAR: 13.4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Today we take a look at the Marlins’ roster as it stands after the draft and two free-agent signings.

STARTING PITCHERS
(1st) LHP Clayton Kershaw, #22: Tops out in the mid-90s and boasts impeccable control. His best offerings are his slider with good bite and a curveball that is certainly one of the best in baseball. Just the mention of Kershaw’s name can drive fear into any opponent.
(4th) LHP Chris Sale, #49: Tops out at around 92 mph, but his fastball is said to jump halfway to the plate making it tougher to hit. Sale also throws a tough slider and a workable changeup from a funky sidearm slot.
(6th) RHP Aaron Nola, #26: Nola works in the low to mid-90s with both a four-seam and two-seam fastball. Nola has great control of all four pitches in his repertoire and induces a lot of grounders. His curveball is his best pitch, and he also has a changeup in his arsenal.
(11th) RHP Corey Kluber, #28: Kluber tops out in the low 90s with two fastballs (four-seam and two-seam) that are tough to hit given their late life in the zone. He also features a cutter and a circle-change, but Kluber’s best pitch is his breaking ball, a hybrid pitch that crosses elements of a slider and curve. Kluber works well down in the zone but does not tend to get a ton of ground balls.
(12th) RHP Nick Tropeano, #35: Tropeano works in the mid-90s with his fastball, with a low-90s offering with run also in his arsenal. His best pitch is his changeup, which has good arm-side run. The young righty also mixes in a slider with okay depth.
(14th) RHP Tyler Glasnow, #23: Glasnow tops out at 94 mph with his fastball and also mixes in a curve and changeup. He is known for getting a lot of strikeouts, but also struggles with his control.
(19th) RHP Jameson Taillon, #19: Taillon has great control for such a young pitcher. He uses his fourseam fastball, curveball, and changeup well and is viewed as a future starter. Some injury problems in the past have plagued Taillon, and a fully healthy season would go a long way in helping him remain a starter.
(20th) RHP Lucas Giolito, #30: Giolito works in the low-90s with a solid fourseam fastball, and mixes in a changeup and a curveball, the latter of which is already grading out as an above-average to plus pitch.

RELIEF PITCHERS
(17th) LHP Chasen Shreve, #77: Shreve is the team’s only lefty reliever. The young southpaw works with a fastball topping out around 93-94 mph, also mixing in a slider and changeup that are viewed as average to above-average. Shreve could use some work on his control, though.
(18th) RHP Darren O’Day, #53: O’Day, a sidearmer, works in the high-80s topping out around 90 mph with a fourseam fastball. O’Day can occasionally take something off his fastball to get some arm-side run, and also features a solid slider. He struggles against left-handed batters, but pitches well in clutch situations.

CATCHERS
(F/A) C Mikey Roberts, #66: Roberts will serve as the team’s (currently only) catcher as well as MLB’s first player-manager in thirty years. He is unusually fast for a catcher, although all his other tools grade out as below-average currently.

INFIELDERS

(3rd) 1B Paul Goldschmidt, #44: Goldschmidt is a phenomenal all-around player who runs and fields well for his position and is a good all-around hitter. One of four true home-run hitters in this lineup, “Goldy” is also a very patient hitter with a penchant for drawing walks.
(5th) 3B/LF Kris Bryant, #17: Bryant is a star in the making, a prodigious power hitter with a great arm and stellar range at the hot corner. His versatility and ability to play the outfield makes him even more valuable in this lineup.
(7th) 2B Logan Forsythe, #11: Forsythe is a lefty killer who will provide stability at second base. His defense seems to be below-average, but he is our best offensive middle infielder.
(8th) SS/2B Trea Turner, #3: Turner is a young infield prospect who will be given the first crack at the shortstop job. His best tool right now is his speed, which combined with his aggressiveness on the bases could net him 20 or 30 steals. He isn’t much of a hitter right now, though.
(13th) 2B/SS/3B Taylor Featherston, #6: Featherston is the team’s fifth infielder. His solid defense and speed will make him a popular choice as a late-game sub, but he is not expected to make much of an impact otherwise.
(21st) 3B Maikel Franco, #7: Franco is a solid hitter whose defensive lapses and lack of speed will relegate him to spot duty and pinch-hitting, at least until interleague play.
(F/A) 1B Chris Carter, #33: Carter is the backup to one of the team’s best players, and is probably nothing more than a pinch-hitter or trade bait anyway. His only tool at this point is his power, as Carter is a below-average defender with poor speed and strikes out far too much to be a high-average threat.

OUTFIELDERS
(2nd) CF Mike Trout, #27?: You know who he is.
(9th) RF Giancarlo Stanton, #27?: Stanton is a terrific power hitter who defends his position well. He is expected to hit in the middle of the order.
(10th) LF Christian Yelich, #21: Yelich is a prototypical leadoff hitter with the on-base skills and speed to set the table often for the big boppers in the lineup. Yelich sometimes loses focus in clutch situations, but is generally an above-average offensive player and a passable defender in left.
(15th) RF Nomar Mazara, #20: The rookie Mazara is one of the team’s few left-handed bats and figures to serve an important role off the bench given his solid defense and all-around hitting.
(16th) CF Byron Buxton, #25: Buxton is a very raw prospect, but his impressive speed should give him a role as a pinch-runner at the very least.

Stay tuned for more tomorrow as we talk with Mikey Roberts about his outlook for the team and potential lineups and roles for the players!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Why is your bullpen so small?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:52 pm 
Ace
Ace

I guess the 21 man draft shrinked the pen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:29 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Today we will talk with Mikey Roberts about his outlook for the team, probable lineup combinations, and his thoughts on player roles.

ZACHARY: Thank you for doing this, Mikey. We’re glad you’re here.

MIKEY: Glad to be here.

ZACHARY: Tell us a bit about what it was like when you learned you had been hired here — and signed.

MIKEY: Well, I’m still trying to process everything, but I was just instantly filled with joy when the team called me. And to do something that hasn’t been done for 30 years is crazy.

ZACHARY: For sure, for sure. Anyways, what are you expecting out of this team?

MIKEY: I mean, looking at this roster, we’re loaded with talent. You got me, Kershaw, and Trout all on the same team, that’s ridiculous. I haven’t looked at any of our rivals’ rosters yet but with any luck we should run this division.

ZACHARY: Have you thought about lineups at all yet?

MIKEY: A little bit, yeah, but I think some of that will depend on the matchups and how the guys are feeling.

ZACHARY: Any idea about who will and won’t make the rotation?

MIKEY: We’re thinking Kershaw, Sale, Nola, Kluber, Tropeano for the rotation right now, but any of the prospect guys could wind up making some starts. For now, though, they’ll probably just be out of the bullpen.

ZACHARY: Any other thoughts you might want to share?

MIKEY: Baseball is cool, and I’m gonna hit 1,000 home runs this season.

ZACHARY: Bold prediction season has already started. Well, thank you for your time.

MIKEY: No problemo, thanks for having me.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:58 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Are you going to be posting the player abilities? If not, can I see Bryant's?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:41 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

detroittigers15 wrote:
Are you going to be posting the player abilities? If not, can I see Bryant's?

no and no

jk, of course

[BATTER ROLES are starting position, batting order w/o DH, batting order w/ DH (or bench role for bench guys)]

[edited for maximum Aesthetical Pleasure™]

ALSO yes agents are allowed and you can have up to 2 players.

I might do some stuff like PPJ did with that Civ log a while back, where I post polls for help on big decisions (trade needs, free agency, stuff like that) also

Official Team Agents Post thing

detroittigers15: Kris Bryant, Christian Yelich
Tdud123: Chris Sale, Giancarlo Stanton
PowerPro Jr: Mike Trout, Nomar Mazara
LetsGoMets77: Clayton Kershaw, Paul Goldschmidt
Baseballteen9500: Corey Kluber, Trea Turner

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

Last edited by AgentP on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:47 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
I want Bryant and Yelich, two of my favorite NL players.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:31 pm 
Ace
Ace

I'll take Sale and Stanton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:13 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
AgentP wrote:
I might do some stuff like PPJ did with that Civ log a while back, where I post polls for help on big decisions (trade needs, free agency, stuff like that) also

It's funny you mention that

Also, I will take Trout and Mazara