Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Alternate Universe Detroit Tigers - an OOTP18 Real-Time Log
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:24 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I'm going to try an experiment.

Starting today, I'm going to be simulating and/or the entirety of the Detroit Tigers season in OOTP18 to the best of my ability. It will be a day-by-day sim, with notable transactions either from around the league or the team, and boxscores from each game. And, with it being OOTP18, anything could happen. Trades, FA signings, the draft, etc. makes this log kind of an alternate universe kind of thing.

I'll get the first game up tonight, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

Post subject: Re: Alternate Universe Detroit Tigers - an OOTP18 Real-Time
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:32 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
This will be fun to follow. Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:51 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Ooh, this is interesting! Definitely requires a lot of dedication to go on every day (and restraint to only play/sim one game lol)

I'll be following for sure!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:56 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Dang, this is a really cool idea dish! Good luck keeping up with it! You only have 3 hours left to get today's game done tho :razz:

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:38 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
How many runs will James Shields allow? I'm setting the line at 10.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:54 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

(I started writing this at 11:30pm on 4/4, this still counts)

April 4, 2017

Pre-game
-The Tigers signed Tai Ban as scouting director
-The Tigers offered a 1-yr./$1,020,000 MLB contract to RP Paco Rodriguez
-The Tigers signed 1B Cody Decker to a minor league contract
-The Tigers traded RF Mikie Mahtook and MiLB SPs Beau Burrows and Austin Sodders to the Seattle Mariners for RF Guillermo Heredia and MiLB SP Nick Neidert

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-The Giants trade 3B Jae-gyun Hwang to the Padres for SP Brandon Maurer
-The Twins trade SS Eduardo Escobar to the Orioles for RP Mychal Givens
-The D-Backs trade LF Yasmany Tomas to the Yankees for LF Brett Gardner

The Game

Matchup: Verlander (0-0) vs. Quintana (0-0)

DET - 2 | 9 | 0
CWS - 3 | 4 | 0

PoTG: Jose Quintana (CWS)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It must've been the Mustang parade.

The Tigers visited U.S. Cellular Field on a cold and rainy Opening Day in Chicago, and the home team came away with a close 3-2 victory on the strength of clutch performances by the two Joses - Quintana and Abreu.

Detroit got off to a quick start in the top of the first. With two on and one out, Tigers left fielder Justin Upton lined a ball into center field for an RBI single to score right fielder Guillermo Heredia to give the visitors an early 1-0 lead.

The lead would go to 2-0 in the top of the third when Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera hit an RBI double with one out to score second baseman Ian Kinsler all the way from first base.

Tigers starting pitcher Justin Verlander was in cruise control for the first three innings, striking out four batters, but he got hit around in the fourth and fifth. Sox center fielder Charlie Tilson led off the fourth with a 3-2 walk, and the Sox used small ball to get him across the plate, courtesy of a Melky Cabrera RBI single to make it 2-1.

In the fifth, Chicago loaded the bases with two outs. Verlander was looking to get out of the jam, but Jose Abreu had other plans. He took a 1-1 fastball into right-center field for a single. White Sox catcher Geovany Soto scored easily, but Tigers center fielder JaCoby Jones cut off the ball nicely and fired a strike to home plate to nab White Sox second baseman Yoan Moncada to end the inning and keep the game tied at two.

The score would stay that way until the bottom of the eighth inning. Tigers relief pitcher Justin Wilson came on for his second inning of work, and was doing fairly nicely. That is, until Abreu showed up. The White Sox's slugging first baseman took the first pitch he saw from the southpaw into the bleachers in left field to put the White Sox up for good, 3-2.

The Tigers wouldn't go down without a fight, though. They managed to get runners on first and second with one out, with hits by Victor Martinez and pinch hitter Tyler Collins, but after Sox closer David Robertson left with a back injury, left-hander Dan Jennings came in to face Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias, and his night didn't last long. Two pitches in, he got Iglesias to ground into a game-ending double play and send the people home happy on the first game of the season.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Box Score

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:57 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Ouch, you outplayed them but didn't outscore them :?

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:10 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Some wild trades for April 4th, mainly pointing out the Gardner for Tomas swap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:08 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 5, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-The Yankees discovered Jorge Ortega, and due to the nickname alone (plus his talent, holy shit), I hope he pans out in the future.

The Game

Matchup: Zimmermann (0-0) vs. Rodon (0-0)

DET - 8 | 9 | 2
CWS - 3 | 7 | 1

PoTG: Justin Upton (DET)
The Tigers rebounded from their Opening Day loss to the White Sox to take down the South Siders in the second game of their opening series by a final score of 8-3.

The pitching for Detroit was very good today, as only one earned run was tallied against Jordan Zimmermann, Justin Wilson, and Shane Greene, along with eight strikeouts between the trio.

Justin Upton got the party started for the Tigers early on. He opened the scoring for the Tigers in the top of the second with a solo shot (1) to left-center off starting pitcher Carlos Rodon, giving Detroit an early 1-0 lead. His day would end prematurely, however, after injuring his knee making a play on a Melky Cabrera line drive out in the eighth inning. He has been diagnosed with a knee contusion, and is listed as day-to-day for the next two weeks, although the Tigers might consider putting him on the disabled list.

The Sox would tie the game in the third inning when Yoan Moncada grounded into a double play with the bases loaded, scoring Cody Asche. They would take the lead in the fourth when Melky Cabrera singled to right field, scoring Jose Abreu on a wild throw from Guillermo Heredia.

The teams traded runs in the sixth, but the seventh is when the Tigers bats exploded. JaCoby Jones and Jose Iglesias each hit RBI doubles, while Miguel Cabrera drew a bases-loaded walk and Upton hit a sac fly to cap off a four-run inning for the visitors. It would prove to be what they needed, as Wilson and Greene shut the door from then on, giving Detroit their first win of the season.
Box Score

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:53 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 6, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing.

The Game

Tigers (1-1) @ White Sox (1-1)

Matchup: Fulmer (0-0) vs. Shields (0-0)

DET - 3 | 9 | 0
CWS - 7 | 12 | 0

PoTG: Charlie Tilson (CHW)
Recap coming soon.
Box Score

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:20 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 7, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-The Athletics traded SS Marcus Semien to the Phillies for 2B Howie Kendrick

The Game

Tigers (1-2) vs. Red Sox (3-0)

Matchup: Norris (0-0) vs. Wright (0-0)

BOS - 0 | 2 | 0
DET - 3 | 7 | 1

W - Rondon (1-0)
L - Wright (0-1)
S - Rodriguez (1)

PoTG: Daniel Norris (DET)
The Tigers' pitching was on point in their home opener against the Red Sox at Comerica Park.

Daniel Norris, Bruce Rondon, and Francisco Rodriguez gave up only two hits to the vaunted Red Sox offense, along with eight strikeouts. However, the bats had to bail them out late.

James McCann led off the bottom of the eighth with a base hit, and after Jose Iglesias bunted him over to second, Ian Kinsler decided not to bloop him home, but blast him home, launching a two-run shot that just stayed within the right-field foul pole, giving the Tigers a 2-0 lead. One batter later, Miguel Cabrera decided to join in the party, launching his second dinger of the season to make it 3-0. Rodriguez had a quick 1-2-3 ninth to seal the victory.
Box Score

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:45 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

That was a stupid trade by the A's, so I guess its realistic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:59 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 8, 2017

Pre-game
-The Tigers signed RP Paco Rodriguez to a 1-year, $1,020,000 contract. He will be added to the 40-man roster and be sent to AAA Toledo.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Brewers LF Ryan Braun out for 5 months with a concussion.

The Game

Tigers (2-2) vs. Red Sox (3-1)

Matchup: Boyd (0-0) vs. Kelly (0-0)

BOS - 11 | 16 | 1
DET - 2 | 8 | 0

W - Kelly (1-0)
L - Boyd (0-1)

PoTG: Christian Vazquez (BOS)
Recap coming soon.
Box Score

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:07 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 9, 2017

Pre-game

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Yankees SP Masahiro Tanaka out for 3 months with a partially torn labrum.
-Padres CF Manuel Margot out for 4 months with a torn back muscle.
-Indians release CF Austin Jackson

The Game

Tigers (2-3) vs. Red Sox (4-1)

Matchup: Verlander (0-0, 3.00 ERA) vs. Sale (1-0, 1.00)

BOS - 5 | 11 | 0
DET - 8 | 8 | 0

W - Verlander (1-0)
L - Sale (1-1)

PoTG: Mitch Moreland (BOS)
Recap coming soon.
Box Score

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:09 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Can't believe a concussion would sideline Braun for 5 months, must be really bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next