Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alternate Universe Detroit Tigers - an OOTP18 Real-Time
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:22 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
dishnet34 wrote:
AgentP wrote:
Is this a legit 2-game suspension, or have they still not fixed the bug where it counts the game the player got suspended in? (I.e. if Iglesias was suspended for 2 games in OOTP17, he would have only had to sit out 1 game)
Yep, it's a legit 2-gamer. He was suspended for 4/23, and because of the off-day today (which I'll recap below), he is still at 1 game left in his suspension. I also simmed today (the off day), and he's still at 1 game, so after tomorrow's game, he'll be un-suspended.

lit! they finally fixed that!!

lmao throwback to when the Rangers had Myles Jaye for like a week

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:08 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
April 25, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (10-9) vs. Mariners (13-7)

Matchup: Verlander (1-2, 4.44 ERA) vs. Hernandez (3-1, 4.18)

SEA - 1 | 5 | 0
DET - 11 | 11 | 0

W - Verlander (2-2)
L - Hernandez (3-2)

PoTG: Miguel Cabrera (DET)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Tigers mauled the Mariners in the late innings, with four runs in the seventh and five in the eighth, capped off by Nick Castellanos' eighth inning grand slam. Miguel Cabrera hit two homers for Detroit: a solo shot off Felix Hernandez in the third and a three-run shot in the seventh. Justin Verlander threw a complete game on 125 pitches, with nine strikeouts and four walks to get the victory.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Box Score

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:03 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 26, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (11-9) vs. Mariners (13-8)

Matchup: Boyd (0-2, 12.27 ERA) vs. Paxton (1-0, 5.64)

SEA - 9 | 12 | 1
DET - 2 | 8 | 0

W - Paxton (2-0)
L - Boyd (0-3)

PoTG: Kyle Seager (SEA)
Matt Boyd, again, couldn't make it out of the fifth inning, and the Mariners had big days from Kyle Seager (3/5 with a 3-run homer in the 9th off Justin Wilson) and Danny Valencia (Also 3/5) en route to an easy 9-2 victory.
Box Score

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:26 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 27, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (11-10) vs. Mariners (14-8)

Matchup: Zimmermann (2-1, 4.56 ERA) vs. Smyly (3-0, 5.96)

SEA - 4 | 8 | 0
DET - 5 | 11 | 1
(14 innings)

W - Rondon (3-1)
L - Hagadone (1-1)

PoTG: Drew Smyly (SEA)
Steven Moya came in as a pinch hitter for Tyler Collins in the 12th inning, and hit a walk-off moonshot to left field in the 14th to give the Tigers a series win against the Mariners. The Tigers had to come back twice in the game; a two-run single by J.D. Martinez in the 8th tied the game at 3-3, and an RBI double from Martinez in the 13th tied the game at 4 apiece after Kyle Seager gave the Mariners a 4-3 lead in the previous half inning, setting up Moya's heroics in the 14th.
Box Score

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:53 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 28, 2017

Pre-game
-The Tigers discovered 17-year-old SP Juan Gallegos out of Venezuela. He's nothing to write home about, Only .5*/.5*.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (12-10) vs. White Sox (9-12)

Matchup: Fulmer (1-1, 7.95 ERA) vs. Rodon (1-3 6.17)

CHW - 6 | 10 | 0
DET - 8 | 9 | 1

W - Greene (2-0)
L - Robertson (0-1)

PoTG: Justin Upton (DET)
Another day, another walkoff dinger at Comerica Park.

This time, it was Justin Upton for Detroit, pulling a 2-1 fastball from David Robertson - who had just given up a game-tying double to J.D. Martinez after getting the first two outs in the ninth easily - just over the wall in left field.

Credit to Tigers reliever Shane Greene - he had 2.2 innings of perfect relief of Michael Fulmer, who started off strong, but tailed off toward the end again. Greene kept the game close through the late innings, and was effective - even if he didn't strike out anyone.

Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said that the team might skip Fulmer's next scheduled start to try to figure out his struggles.
Box Score

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:53 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

feel like Kinsler needs to be higher up in the lineup, he got moved down from 2nd to 7th a few games ago and I'm not really sure why

also Moya's on fire

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:17 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

AgentP wrote:
feel like Kinsler needs to be higher up in the lineup, he got moved down from 2nd to 7th a few games ago and I'm not really sure why

also Moya's on fire

Blame the AI manager for his lineup decisions - I'll have to override them next time we face a lefty.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 29, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Nationals owner Ted Lerner died. His son, Jake, takes over in the owner's box.

The Game

Tigers (13-10) vs. White Sox (9-13)

Matchup: Norris (1-0, 2.36 ERA) vs. Shields (2-1 3.38)

CHW - 5 | 13 | 0
DET - 6 | 14 | 0
(12 innings)

W - Sanchez (2-0)
L - Robertson (0-2)

PoTG: Miguel Cabrera (DET)
They should be called the Cardiac Cats.

This time, it was Miguel Cabrera for Detroit, who hit an RBI single with the bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the twelfth to give the Tigers another extra inning walk-off victory. This, after Anibal Sanchez gave up a go-ahead homer in the top half of the inning to Hunter Renfroe to make it 5-4 Sox. Alex Avila had an RBI single to bring in Andrew Romine to tie the game before Cabrera's heroics.

This, after the bullpen blew a fantastic start by Daniel Norris, who went 6+ innings and struck out 5.

Also, Geovany Soto (!) hit an inside-the-park dinger for the Sox. So there's that.
Box Score

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:12 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 30, 2017

Pre-game
-Tigers trade MiLB RP Kyle Ryan, MiLB RP Dustin Molleken and MiLB LF David Lough to Arizona for MiLB CL Jared Miller and MiLB RP Elian Acosta.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (14-10) vs. White Sox (9-14)

Matchup: Verlander (2-2, 3.57 ERA) vs. Gonzalez (0-3, 6.63)

CHW - 2 | 6 | 0
DET - 9 | 12 | 0

W - Verlander (3-2)
L - Gonzalez (0-4)

PoTG: Guillermo Heredia (DET)
The Tigers won today, behind a surging offense, led by Steven Moya's ninth homer of the season, and Nick Castellanos' fourth. It was the latter, though, that sparked a little something.

After the home run, Tommy Kanhle came in to pitch for Chicago. Jose Iglesias was the batter, and for some reason, was hit by the first pitch thrown. Iglesias took immediate exception to that, charging out to the mound, and causing a bench-clearing donnybrook on the field:

Kanhle and Iglesias were ejected immediately, and both received 5-game suspensions by the league office.

Aside from that, Justin Verlander had another stellar outing, helping the Tigers to sweep the White Sox out of Comerica Park.
Box Score

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:27 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

May 1, 2017

Pre-game
-Tigers 1B Miguel Cabrera was named AL Player of the Week!

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (15-10) vs. Indians (13-12)

Matchup: Boyd (0-3, 11.74 ERA) vs. Bauer (2-0, 2.33)

CLE - 6 | 13 | 0
DET - 8 | 14 | 0

W - J. Wilson (2-1)
L - Allen (0-2)
S - Rodriguez (4)

PoTG: Steven Moya (DET)
The Tigers propelled their way back from an early 5-0 deficit to take the victory against the Indians. Powered by three solo shots in the seventh, including the game-tying shot from Steven Moya (off a lefty!), and a 2-run shot from Ian Kinsler in the eighth, the Tigers snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Matt Boyd was once again struggling today, giving up five runs in his 3.2 innings of work. After the game, he was optioned to AAA Toledo along with RP Blaine Hardy. Called up in their place were top relieving prospect Joe Jimenez and LHP Paco Rodriguez.
Box Score

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:27 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

May 2, 2017

Pre-game
-The Tigers discovered 16-year old CF Ernesto Laboy out of the Dominican Republic. His potential is 1*, though, and his best tool is his speed (17/20).
-The Tigers demoted SP Matt Boyd and RP Blaine Hardy to AAA Toledo. They've also called up RPs Joe Jimenez and Paco Rodriguez.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (16-10) vs. Indians (13-13)

Matchup: Zimmermann (2-1, 3.94 ERA) vs. Carrasco (1-2, 4.70)

CLE - 4 | 12 | 2
DET - 5 | 11 | 0
(10 innings)

W - F. Rodriguez (1-0)
L - Miller (0-1)

PoTG: Nick Castellanos (DET)
The Tigers won their seventh game in a row, on yet another walkoff shot, this one from Nick Castellanos in the bottom of the 10th off of Andrew Miller (!). It was only tied going into extras, due to a Roberto Perez 2-run homer in the top of the 9th off of Paco Rodriguez, setting up #BLASTELLANOS.

Jordan Zimmermann was excellent today, though, going 6.2 innings, giving up only two runs, along with four strikeouts.

Michael Brantley left the game for the Indians in the first inning, and will miss the next three weeks with a strained back.
Box Score

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:12 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

For the record, I just moved this from the regular Baseball forum to the Stories/Logs subforum. Just a bit of housekeeping. ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:34 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

May 3, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (17-10) vs. Indians (13-14)

Matchup: Fulmer (1-1, 7.71 ERA) vs. Clevinger

CLE - 6 | 10 | 1
DET - 8 | 13 | 1

W - Jimenez (1-0)
L - Otero (1-1)
S - J. Wilson (1)

PoTG: Nick Castellanos (DET)
The streak is now eight.

Despite a rough debut inning for Joe Jimenez, the Tigers mashed in the late innings to take the game, including a J.D. Martinez bomb and an Andrew Romine (!) dinger, to ensure a series win against the Indians.
Box Score

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:58 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

feel like I've said this before

but lol @ Encarnacion playing 3rd

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:57 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

It might be a rainout in real life, but alternate universes don't got rain!

May 4, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (18-10) vs. Indians (13-15)

Matchup: Norris (1-0, 2.76 ERA) vs. Salazar (2-3, 4.88)

CLE - 5 | 9 | 0
DET - 6 | 9 | 0

W - A. Wilson (1-1)
L - Shaw (1-3)

PoTG: Frncisco Lindor (CLE)
The Tigers cannot be stopped lately! Another walkoff from the Tigers, this time an RBI double from Guillermo Heredia, gave the Tigers a comeback win against the Tribe, and their ninth straight victory. They were down 5-3 going into the sixth, and tied it with a Nick Castellanos 2-run triple.

Daniel Norris had his first real rough outing, giving up five runs, but ultimately got a no-decision on the night.
Box Score

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:06 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

actually,

I had a game rained out in OOTP

But you'd know that if you had read 3 updates that aren't up yet

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next