Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: The New Knights | The Osaka Foxes
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
August 7, 2036

Foxes - 3 (37-54-4)
Knights - 20 (67-23-5)

0|0|0|0|0|1|0|2|0 03|08|1 Foxes
0|4|6|7|2|1|0|0|x 20|28|0 Knights

Foxes

1. Hoshi - LF (0-4, BB)
2. Iijima - 2B (2-4)
3. Kobayashi - SS (1-4, 1 HR [20], 2 RBI [55, 56])
4. Suzuki - DH (2-4, 2 2B)
5. Nishizawa - CF (1-4, 1 RBI [52])
6. Imanami - C (2-4)
7. Nakamoto - 1B (0-4)
8. Hamazaki - 3B (0-4)
9. Sato - RF (0-3, BB)

Pitcher(s):
Kobayashi (2.2 IP, 10 R, 10 ER, 1 K, 1 BB)
Suda (1.2 IP, 9 R, 8 ER)
Ohhara (0.2 IP, 1 R, 1 ER)
Tanaka (3.2 IP, 0 R)

Knights
1. Ishikawa - CF (3-5, 3B, BB, 2 RBI [41, 42])
2. Yoshimi - LF (2-6, DP, ROE, 1 RBI [40])
3. Fujioka - RF (4-6, 2B, 2 RBI [74, 75])
4. Ootake - DH (3-5, 2B, 1 HR [38], 5 RBI [110, 111, 112, 113, 114])
- Yamashita - PR
5. Saito - C (3-6, 2B, 1 RBI [44])
6. Kura - SS (3-6)
7. Oka - 1B (2-6, DP, 2B, K)
8. Tajima - 3B (4-5, 2 2B, 3 RBI [39, 40, 41])
9. Ji - 2B (4-5, 2B, 3 RBI [41, 42, 43])

Pitcher(s):
Oikawa (CG, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 K, 1 BB)

MVP: Tajima, Oikawa

WP: Oikawa (10-3)
LP: Kobayashi (1-8)
S: --

“Shit… That was ugly.” Kobayashi threw his glove into his locker. He turned to Izumi, “How are the Knights so good?”
“I think it’s just that we suck.” He replied
“Damn Kodomo, I didn’t know you could be so cold.” Kobayashi grabbed his chest, “Straight to the soul…” They laughed.

I just kind of glared at the two of them from my office, I doubt they knew I was watching. I couldn’t help it. It was weird, honestly, to see them so chipper despite doing so poorly. Though I suppose it really was only the two of them who had even a modicum of happiness left in them.

...Do I? Am I still happy? Hell, was I ever? This clubhouse seems to be a *(censored)* black hole. It’s like this is where young hopes and dreams go to die. There’s always a lingering feeling of dread. The train rides are near dead silent. Our goddamn home dugout is falling apart… Not to mention the unbearable smell of cigarettes in the locker room. It’s like a *(censored)* vacation to be in Kyoto… and to think, this used to be my home. For my first 18 years, this is where I called home. I spent many a summer day sitting in the right field bleachers at this ballpark, dreaming of someday being in it. And, well, guess that dream came true, hahaha… In a pretty damn roundabout way.

I took a look at my laptop to see the NPB Pacific League standings page open.

37-54-4. Almost 20 whole games under .500 and we still got a loooong way to go. I slapped my hands on my face, covering my eyes.
“And shit, after today, it sure isn’t looking good.” My inner monologue finally broke out. “*(censored)* me… this team is really something else.” I continued, to no one.

I shut my laptop and slid it back into my bag.

“I want to go home…”

--

AgentP wrote:
yowch

go get 'em tomorrow!!

uh oh

detroittigers15 wrote:
Ayy look at this shiz

8)

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:48 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
at least Ryu gets to go home to a 10 lol

nah, this is just one of those times where u have to laugh off the stuff that happens because it's so inane. a very "video-game number" moment

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:04 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
we all know that what really matters is striking out less than the opposition

in which case you won 1-0

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:54 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 8, 2036

Foxes - 2 (37-55-4)
Knights - 10 (68-23-5)

...and a sweep. Unreal.

I didn’t bother to even try to talk to the players after the game. I went straight to the office holding my stuff, grabbed my bag, and walked out the door. There were only a handful of them left anyways.

No use trying to stick around if they aren’t going to. I rationalized.

Kenma Azuma’s Residence
22:59

I looked at Kenma’s Machiya home. I needed someone to talk to about how shitty I felt, and who better than my brother?

I wonder if he’s awake…

I knocked on his door regardless.
I knocked again.
He’s got to be up. It’s Friday.
I knocked a third time.
“COMING!” I heard feet shuffling towards the door, “Goddamn, I’ll be right there.”
The door swung open.
“What the fuc--oh shit! Ryu?!” Kenma’s Koshihikari can splashed some second rate beer onto my pants. “What’re you… uh, what are you doin’ here?”
“I’m uh… I was in the area, and um…”
“‘In the area?! And you came to see your most wonderous excellent bro? That’s soooo sweet, man.”
“Good lord Kenma, how drunk are you?”
“I’m like 80 beers in, my dude.”
“Oh no, not this again.”

I pushed my way in, and quickly shoveled Kenma to his precious couch. A few of his 80 beer cans fell over upon transfer.

“Thanks again for sssstoping by, Ryu. I miss you, man! It’s been what, like a month??”
I sighed, “Yep. Kenma seriously, how many of these have you had?”
“I already told you!” He started laughing, “80!”
“Dude, shut up. Tell me. Kenma,” I looked right into his glossy eyes, “I’m serious.”
His shoulders slumped, “Man, why you always gotta grill me?” He stood up.

Kenma’s got a good 4 inches and 8 years on me, his drunken slouch included. He put his face right in front of mine.
“16.” He whispered. His breath was foul. He crumpled back onto his couch.
“Kenma. You can’t be doing this man. Not again.”
“Oh come onnnnn, Ryu. I’m fineee. Can’t a man enjoy a Friday? ...By himself…”
I sighed and took a seat next to him.
“What’s going on, man?”
Kenma shook his head, “Nothin’.”
“Doesn’t seem like nothing to me.”
“It’s jus--It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it, Ryu.”
“I’m sorry Kenma, but I can’t not worry about it.”

Kenma leaned back and closed his eyes, “It’s just that, I dunno, man… I feel like I’ve been left behind.”
“Huh?”
“You and Yuki… You’re both so successful and happy and I’m just here working some meandering electrician job with no prospects for my future. Hell, even now both of you got… ‘somebody.’ And I’ve just got me. Kinda how it’s always…” He rubbed his eyes and wiped his nose on his sleeve, “how it’s always been.”
Tears began to rush down his cheeks.
“Oh, Kenma…” I wrapped my arms around him.

Kenma has always had it rough. From what I hear (and from what little of it I saw growing up), our parents were never really impressed by him. Hell, they kicked him out of the house the day after he turned 18! That move caused him to live a few years on the streets. None of us really know what happened in his “drifting years,” a whole five year period of Kenma’s life that is a complete mystery. Once he showed back up, when I was around 16, I found out what my parents actually did and I haven’t been able to look at them the same. They say the way your parents talk to you when you’re young dictates the way you talk to yourself in your head. Perhaps that’s why we’re all *(censored)* up...

“...You weren’t left behind. You’re a trailblazer, man. You had to forge your own future. Mother and father didn’t hand you anything… Nobody did. Everything that you have, Kenma, is because you worked hard for it. You deserve every single opportunity that comes your way, dude. You were dealt a pretty *(censored)* hand, but I think you’re doing pretty well with it.” I pulled out of our hug and laughed, “*(censored)* our parents, you didn’t need them or their money like I did. Hell, I’m kinda envious of your drive, haha. You live in a beautiful house in a cool city, and you’ll find ‘somebody’ soon enough, heh.”
“Ryu…” he sniffled.
“Kenma, you’re my big brother. I love you man, and I’m always gonna be here for you. I’m only an hour away, so if you ever need anything let me know.”
“Hah!” Kenma smiled at me, “Who’s the big brother now? Thanks, Ryu.”
“Of course, bro.”

Funny… I thought I needed a pick-me-up.

-bzzbzzbzz-
“Oh sorry, that’s my phone.” I reached into my pocket
“By all means, take it.” Kenma waved me off
“Oh boy…”

Laisei.

--

philliesfan134 wrote:
at least Ryu gets to go home to a 10 lol

nah, this is just one of those times where u have to laugh off the stuff that happens because it's so inane. a very "video-game number" moment

losing by 17 runs is kinda unreal lol

I'm actually glad that the Foxes are performing as expected tho heehee

AgentP wrote:
we all know that what really matters is striking out less than the opposition

in which case you won 1-0

:heelclick:

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 8, 2036
Kenma Azuma’s Residence
23:41

“Uhh… hello?” I tried my best to get the disappointment out of my voice.
“Hey… Ryu. That was uh… that was some series, eh?”
“Heh, yeah. Sure was.”
“Haha… well hey, when you guys heading out?”
“Uhh, tomorrow afternoon. Why?”
“Wanna grab some lunch with Tsuzu and I? She's been bugging me to set something up since you're in town. I guess she was jealous of our shrine trip, haha! But yeah, you want to get some lunch tomorrow? My treat!”
“Well, uh… I mean we’re leaving around 15:00 or so, but um--”
Laisei cut my attempt to decline short, “Brunch, then!”
I sighed, “okay. Yeah, sure.”
“Excellent! I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 9.”
“...Sounds good, see you then.”
“See you.”
I hung up.

Kenma yawned, “Who was it?”
“My old boss.”
“What’d he want?”
“Uh… to go to brunch.”

August 9, 2036
Laisei Matusbara’s Car
9:04

“...place called Ippongi. Tsuzu went a couple weeks ago, and she hasn’t shut up about it since, so… that’s where we’re going. No questions.” Laisei turned to me and smiled. I met his glance with a defeated upcurl of the lip. He sighed slightly and turned his attention back to the road.

After such a thorough beating by his Knights, I wasn’t exactly feeling chipper, despite the beauty of the sunny Saturday morning.

“Plus,” Laisei didn’t turn to me this time, “maybe, if we’ve got the time, we can check out the To-ji.”
I grunted in an agreeing tone.
“Come on, kid…” Laisei pulled the car to a stop, and patted me on the head. “You did everything right. It just, uh… didn’t exactly pan out this time. You can’t kick yourself over big losses, you just gotta take them in stride and learn from them, as cliche as that might be.”
I sighed, “I know, but damn… it’s just--it’s so embarrassing to lose that bad, you know? I mean, I wanted to at least give you guys a run for your money… I didn’t actually expect to win or anything, but… goddamn. You guys kicked the shit out of us.”
Laisei chuckled, “nothing personal, kid.” He opened his door and crossed the street. He disappeared into the courtyard.

Tsuzumi’s apartment complex shone dully in the morning light. The brown bricks indicative of the bygone 1980s emotionlessly stood tall amid the vast, plain lawn surrounding it. Frankly, it was much worse of a place than I expected her to live. Though I guess, she and her brother are living together, and I know what his salary is… Hers mustn’t be that much higher? Nah, I couldn’t imagine Laisei not paying her crazy good. Maybe they’re trying to save money? Eh, whatever.

I noticed Laisei coming out with Tsuzumi in tow, and struggled my way out of Laisei’s car. I stood incredibly coolly on the passenger side, arm resting on the roof of the car. All I was needed was a cigarette, some cooler clothes, some aviators, and I could’ve been mistaken for a movie poster.

Tsuzumi got to about the middle of the street and smiled wide, “Ryu!” She hastened her pace and clicked her way over to me in her two inch heels.

She hugged me.

“Oh, it’s been too long!” She said into my shoulder.
I, awkwardly, reciprocated the hug, “It’s only been like a month.”
“May as well’ve been a century!” She let go, “You left me alone with this oaf.” She pointed with her thumb at Laisei.
“Hey now.” He smirked, “don’t forget who pays that salary of yours, missy.”
“I don’t. Kyoto Lighting has been very kind to me.”
Laisei laughed and rubbed the back of his head, “Err… well,” he motioned to his car, “shall we?”
“We shall!” Tsuzumi hopped right into the passenger seat.
“Uh, you alright with the back, kid?”
“Yeah… haha, that’s fine.”

Laisei sat in his seat. Seatbelts clicked. The engine hummed. Rubber burned.

Off to brunch we go.

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:12 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

!!!

brunch

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:30 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
ippongi vice oh yeah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:14 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

philliesfan134 wrote:
ippongi vice oh yeah

kachow 8)

--

August 9, 2036
Ippongi, Minami-ku, Kyoto
10:02

The quaint charm of a retro style bar was infectious. My bad mood from the day before evaporated as I looked around and saw folks enjoying pancakes and coffee, and other western delights. There was even a little old dog lying in their bed behind the counter.
“Wow, Tsuzu…” Laisei seemed to be as surprised as I was, “Look at how cute this place is!”
“I know! That’s what I’ve been saying!” She quickly responded, “You never listen to me.”
“Sorry…”

The host walked up to us. He was an older man with hair peppered grey. He smiled slowly, “Welcome to Ippongi.” He said with a bow, “is it just the three of you this morning?”
“It is.” Laisei responded
“Please. Follow me.” He led us to our table, one in the corner with small leather upholstered chairs.

I sat down and continued to look around.

There was a woman in a lovely pink and white summer dress sitting at the bar, chatting with who I would assume was the owner. She had an electronic copy of the newspaper sitting next to her, and would occasionally finger through it in the ebbs of her conversation. An older man with his grandson sat at the table behind us. The boy couldn’t wait to go to the movies later that afternoon. The grandfather… didn’t seem as excited. Two young men sat next to each other at the large round table at the other side of the restaurant, exchanging laughs. I brought my eyes back to Laisei and Tsuzumi, who both sat across from me, and watched them for a moment talking to each other in the incredibly comfortable way that good friends can. I realized that I was at peace. Regardless of what else was going on, regardless of how poorly the team was doing, regardless of how badly I thought I was doing at my job, I was happy.

I was happy to watch people go about their lives, to chat with their friends, to share stories with their loved ones, to be at the beginning of an eventually wonderful memory. The sharp aroma of coffee filled the air, and the warm summer day seeped in through the door. This quaint little coffee shop practically bled nostalgia.

We all placed our order, mine--a coffee black, with two pancakes. Laisei and Tsuzumi went back to chit chatting, her occasionally flicking her light brown eyes in my direction to pull me into the conversation. I threw in my two cents when I could, but really I just enjoyed watching the two of them go at it. The sun bounced off of them. I must’ve been smiling like a fool.

“You alright there, kid?” Laisei asked me with a smile of his own
“Huh? Oh, uh, yeah.” I threw my head back and took a deep breath in, “just kinda soaking in the moment.”
“Heh, I hear ya.”

The plates clinked as they hit the table. Everything looked wonderful. I ate my brunch with a childlike glee with two people who I was proud to call some of my closest friends.

August 9, 2036
Tsukada Residence, Kyoto
12:32

“Thank you for the wonderful meal, Laisei.” Tsuzumi said as we pulled up to her complex.
“Thank you for the wonderful recommendation, Tsuzu. I’ll walk you in?” He responded
“Sure thing.” She turned around in her seat, “Well, it was great to see you, Ryu.” She smiled, “Visit more often, why don’t you?”
“Haha, I’ll stop by every time I’m in town, don’t you worry.”
“Good.” She hugged me. Or, well, did as best she could in the car.
I, once again, reciprocated awkwardly.
“See you later then, Ryu.”

I watched out the window as Laisei and Tsuzumi crossed the street. They stopped in front of the gate and talked to each other. Tsuzumi pushed Laisei in the shoulder with a laugh. He laughed in kind.

He rolled down his window once he got back in the car. I moved back up into the passenger seat.

“Bye, Tsuzu!” He waved.
She waved and sunk into the courtyard.
We pulled away.

“So,” I turned to Laisei, “what were you guys talking about?”
“Hah! Don’t--uh, don’t worry about it, kid.”

I looked back out my window.

Uh… okay?

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:06 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Powerprosfan31 wrote:

This, in particular, stood out

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:

This, in particular, stood out

it's a really cool place, eh??

--

August 13, 2036

We’re playing the Lions today.

Saitama Seibu Lions (42-51-7) - 9
Osaka Foxes (38-58-4) - 4

1|3|0|0|2|0|3|0|0 9|17|1 Lions
0|1|1|0|0|0|1|0|1 4|14|0 Foxes

Lions:

Lineup:
1. Watanabe - SS (0-5)
2. Kataoka - 2B (1-5, RBI [44])
3. Akiyama - LF (2-5)
4. Nakamura - 3B (3-5, DP, 2 2B, RBI [62])
5. Asamura - DH (2-4, RBI [64])
- Kaneko - PR [DH] (0-1)
6. Kuriyama - RF (4-5, 2B, HR [3], 2 RBI [30, 31])
7. Tehada - 1B (3-4, 2 2B, RBI [14, 15])
- German - PR [1B] (0-1)
8. Sumitani - C (1-3, K, SAC, RBI [30])
9. Kumashiro - CF (1-4, 2B, RBI [19])

Pitcher(s):
Togame (5 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 K, 3 BB)
Ohishi (⅔ IP, 0 R)
Yamamoto (⅓ IP, 1 R, 1 ER)
Takahashi (1 ⅔ IP, 0 R)
Masuda (1 IP, 1 R)
Williams (⅓ IP, 1 K, 0 R)

Foxes:

Lineup:
1. Izumi - 3B (1-4, BB)
2. Iijima - 2B (2-5)
3. Kobayashi - SS (2-4, BB, 2B)
4. Suzuki - DH (1-4, K, SF, 2B, RBI [42, 43])
5. Nishizawa - CF (0-4, BB)
6. Imanami - C (2-5, K, 2B)
7. Nakamoto - 1B (3-5, 2B, RBI [46, 47])
8. Abe - RF (1-4, K, BB)
9. Hamazaki - LF (2-4)

Pitcher(s):
H. Kobayashi (6 ⅓ IP, 9 R, 9 ER, 2 K)
Yamamoto (2 ⅔ IP, 0 R)

MVP:
Kuriyama - Went 4-5 with a double, a homerun, and a couple RBI

WP: Togame (6-8)
LP: H. Kobayashi (1-9)

... Another one.

I turned face, and walked into the tunnels to our locker room. Head hung low.

“What the hell were you thinking there?!”

I was welcomed into the room with a sonic assault by a voice gruff enough to only belong to…
“Suzuki… I, uh--”

Suzuki had Kobayashi cornered against Izumi’s locker, his lit cigarette pointing at the poor kid’s left eye. The room was otherwise silent as the entirety of the team watched the altercation unfold.

Suzuki slammed his fist against the locker. “You cost us a *(censored)* run!” Kobayashi got thrown out trying to advance to second on an error by the CF in the 8th, ending the inning. No one moved.

I couldn’t do anything. To be completely frank, I was too afraid to do anything.

Suzuki spit his cigarette in Kobayashi’s face.
“Ow!” He recoiled and turned away.
“*(censored)* pussy.” Suzuki scoffed, and scuffed his way back to his own locker. He picked up his bag and effortlessly threw it over his shoulder. He made his way over to the door. Unfortunately, I was in his way. He stared me dead in the eyes--his grey irises dull, expressionless. Without a thought, he pushed me aside and walked out.

Izumi quickly ran over to Kobayashi and picked him up. Asao was soon behind him, still in his towel.

“Don’t worry about him, sport.” Asao said with an unfitting chuckle, “He’s about as washed up as me,” the chuckle turned to a laugh, “so he’s probably just jealous you’re on the up and up!”
“Yeah… right.” Kobayashi slowly got back to his feet.

I felt a hand on my shoulder.
“What the hell, man?” a voice blew into my ear.
Imanami stood next to me, looking very annoyed.
“How could you just stand there and let that happen?”
“I--uh...”
He sighed, “Come on, man. That’s pathetic.”
“...sorry.”
“Sorry?”
“...”
“Why the hell are you apologizing to me?” He scoffed and walked into the bathrooms.

I really wish I was sitting at Ippongi right now…

I watched as the players slowed filtered out of the clubhouse from the crack in my office’s door.
I crossed Hoshi’s name off of the permanent lineup card I had on my wall, and wrote Hamazaki’s name in blue. “At least I can still control some of them…” I said as I did it. I looked back through the crack. There was no one left.

And once again, I was alone.

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 pm 
Ace
Ace

Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PSP) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Been so damn long.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Get that clubhouse under control, Ryu :|

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:41 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 18, 2036

We’re playing the Eagles today. They’re being overshadowed by the Knights, but are pretty strongly in second place.

Osaka Foxes (40-61-4) - 14
Rakuten Golden Eagles (57-46-2) - 19

0|3|0|2|0|2|6|0|1 14|23|0 Foxes
5|3|0|0|4|0|0|7|x 19|26|0 Eagles

Foxes:

Lineup:
1. Izumi - 3B (1-6, DP, 1 RBI [34])
2. Iijima - 2B (4-6, K, 2 2B, HR [9], 4 RBI [43, 44, 45, 46])
3. Kobayashi - SS (4-4, 2B, BB, HBP, SB, HR [22], 3 RBI [64, 65, 66])
4. Suzuki - DH (1-5, DP, BB, 2 RBI [49, 50])
5. Nishizawa - CF (1-6, K, 1 RBI [55])
6. Abe - RF (4-5, BB)
7. Nakamoto - 1B (2-5, 2 DP)
8. Hamazaki - LF (3-4, BB)
9. Asao - C (3-4, 2B, BB, 3 RBI [3, 4, 5])

Pitcher(s):
Fujii (5 IP, 12 R, 12 ER, 3 K, 1 BB)
Iwasaki (2 ⅔ IP, 4 R, 4 ER)
Kaga (⅓ IP, 3 R, 3 ER)

Eagles:

Lineup:
1. Hijirisawa - CF (3-6, 2B, 1 RBI [42])
2. Morimoto - LF (4-6, 2B, 1 RBI [24])
3. Fujita - SS (4-6, 2 RBI [48, 49])
4. McGehee - 3B (3-6, K, 2 HR [29, 30], 6 RBI [93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98])
5. Masuda - DH (4-5, 2B, 3 RBI [22, 23, 24])
- Iwasaki - PR [DH] (0-1)
6. Ginji - 1B (3-4, SAC, 1 RBI [10])
7. Shima - C (1-5, 1 RBI [50])
8. Teppei - RF (1-4, 2 K, BB)
9. Fujita - 2B (3-5, 2B, 3 RBI [32, 33, 34])
- Matsui - PR

Pitcher(s):
Kamata (4 IP, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 K, 5 BB)
Hasebe (2+ IP, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 K)
Miyagawa (⅓ IP, 2, R, 2 ER)
Koyama (2 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB)
Fukuda (⅔ IP, 0 R)

MVP:
McGehee: Had a tremendous offensive showing, going 3-6 with 2 homeruns and 6 RBI

WP: Koyama (4-3)
LP: Iwasaki (0-5)

We… We had this one… We had it. But, unsurprisingly, we screwed it all up.

I trudged down to the clubhouse. Fujii was waiting outside the doors, sipping some water with his eyes closed. His left eye creaked open and met mine. “Ah, coach.” He wiped off his face and stood directly in front of me.

He put his hand on my shoulder. “Thank you,” he cleared his throat, “Thanks for following the plan.”
“Yeah.” I kinda bobbed my head and looked at the ground.
“I know it wasn’t pretty, but… Thanks. The bullpen kids really needed some rest. I just… Damn, I mean, I sure didn’t get em much… but thanks for at least allowing me the five innings, even if I didn’t deserve them.”
“Sure. No problem, Fujii.” I sighed, “He still in there?”
“Suzuki?”
“Yeah.”
“No. He already left.”
“Good.”

I stepped past Fujii and pushed open one of the doors with my shoulder. To my surprise, a decent amount of the team was still around. I guess I don’t usually make it down here this quick. I reasoned.

After entering, I figured I had to make my presence known.
I puffed my chest, “Gentlemen!”

A few heads turned my way.

“Hey, guys!! Listen up!” This seemed to rouse at least some of the stragglers. “I have a few things to say about today’s game.”

Fujii entered the clubhouse and stood next to me for a moment before taking a seat in one of the folding chairs around the clubhouse’s center table.

“First off, I have to say that despite the loss, I’m actually pretty proud of you guys’ performance today.” This certainly caught a few of the players off guard. I continued my impromptu speech, “I have a couple people I want to specifically highlight. First off, Iwasaki! You still here?”
I looked around at the lockers and failed to see his, frankly, aggressive bob haircut.

“I think he’s in the shower, sir.” Izumi spoke up when I locked eyes with him.
“Ah, well, uh… okay then. Regardless, uh, Iwasaki’s been a total workhorse this season out of the ‘pen, and I just want to say that I’m very impressed with what he’s been doing. Today, of course, didn’t totally… uh, go according to plan but! He did a damn good job, and he deserves to be praised for it.”
“Hell yeah!” Kobayashi stood up with one tremendous clap.
“And you too Kobayashi, good *(censored)*’ job today!”
“Oh! Uh, thanks coach!”

I pumped my fist, I was really starting to get fired up.
“IIjima!” I called out, only to see him polishing his glasses. “You did great today. You keep on impressing me, kid. Keep it up!”
He nodded with a smile.

“And also, Asao…”
He gave me a wide smile while buttoning up his vaguely Hawaiian shirt.
“Asao… You did so good today,” I turned to Imanami, taking off his pristine uniform “this guy better start worrying.”
Imanami chuckled, something I had never seen happen before.
“You guys--you guys get a lot of shit, I’m sure, but you’re all really something special. This team’s got the potential for greatness. We’re--uh, well we’re not there yet, but… Sometime soon, in the future, we’ve got a chance to actually take this league by storm! Nobody expects anything from us, so let’s give ‘em all a show, eh?”

There were a few “yeah!”s from my captive audience, but also a pervasive air of complete apathy from some of the players.

“Alright!” I pointed to the back of the clubhouse, “I’ll be in my office. Good work today, boys. Let’s keep this trend moving upwards!”

I sat down in the Eagles’ visiting manager’s desk chair, leaned back, and looked at the popcorn ceiling.

...Maybe that got through to them...? God, what the hell am I gonna do?

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:28 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Holy football score

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:04 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Cubs
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Watching Ryu trying to be a good manager like

"Just because something's impossible doesn't mean it can't be done." - Medley
"Look Beyond The F*** It™" - Benjamin Zander
"Potatoes are wannabe vegetables!" - Leila Takagi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next