PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:15 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
That rotation, whooooo boy that's gonna be fun

also..... is Andy Ashby supposed to be a reference to the former major leaguer of the same name? 'cause i have (had?) his baseball card and that name immediately jumped out at me

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Post subject: Re: Charlotte Cannoneers
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:23 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Quote:
is Andy Ashby supposed to be a reference to the former major leaguer of the same name?

LOL, I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that. As soon as I saw Ashby, that was the first name that jumped out at me. Although, there is another graybar in there with reference to a former major leaguer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

scott0530 wrote:
Quote:
is Andy Ashby supposed to be a reference to the former major leaguer of the same name?

LOL, I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that. As soon as I saw Ashby, that was the first name that jumped out at me. Although, there is another graybar in there with reference to a former major leaguer.

nice!! can't say that I recognise the other one (though Collin MacRae really reminds me of the astros' McHugh)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:59 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Agents Wanted

Now that the roster has been posted, I'll be doing agents for any player, manager or other character that may need an agent. Max of 2 players per agent for now till we see how many agents we have. Except me, I'm taking four because... It's my log and I can :D . We're going to do agents a slight bit differently. I still want to know what's on your clients mind, but I would also like agents to submit possible story lines for their clients. I can't promise I'll be able to get to all of them since I already have my main characters set, but I can give it a shot if it's a good one.
I'll also be keeping a full list of agents on this page. It's close to the beginning of the log so it'll be easy to find;

Agents
Scott0530: Rizzuto, Haverson, Wiggen, Treanor
AgentP: Bret Gardner, Andy Ashby
Kunfupandacam: Nick Dirosa, Cody Bannon

Last edited by scott0530 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:23 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

i'll take Gardner and Ashby!

and hmmmm i'll have to think of story lines, that sounds like a really good idea though!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:17 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Oh I want Nick Dirosa and Cody Bannon

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:49 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Don't Own
scott0530 wrote:
Truth be told, MLBPP is one of my favorite games of all time and I would love to be able to kick back, relax and play more than I do. Doing that has proven to be very difficult, especially over the last few years. Between work, my family and writing, there isn’t much free time left in my days. However, I’m determined to try and set aside some personal time for myself, even if it’s just for an hour or two a week.

I'm sorry I was late in noticing this cool log, but the above quote from your initial post resonated with me. From one mlbpp-loving dad to another, let me just say that you can easily get a game in if you carve out 40 min. Don't know how old your kids are, but for the last many years, when I announce "OK, kids - time to brush and then you get 1 more TV show before bed," that's code for "daddy's heading upstairs to play baseball "

Funny story, if you don't mind my hijacking your log for a bit, after watching me win games after game after game, my son, then about 6 yrs old asks "dad, you're so good at this, why don't you stop being a lawyer and just play baseball for work?"

Sorry if I messed up your Flow!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:14 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

ERISA Dude wrote:
scott0530 wrote:
Truth be told, MLBPP is one of my favorite games of all time and I would love to be able to kick back, relax and play more than I do. Doing that has proven to be very difficult, especially over the last few years. Between work, my family and writing, there isn’t much free time left in my days. However, I’m determined to try and set aside some personal time for myself, even if it’s just for an hour or two a week.

I'm sorry I was late in noticing this cool log, but the above quote from your initial post resonated with me. From one mlbpp-loving dad to another, let me just say that you can easily get a game in if you carve out 40 min. Don't know how old your kids are, but for the last many years, when I announce "OK, kids - time to brush and then you get 1 more TV show before bed," that's code for "daddy's heading upstairs to play baseball "

Funny story, if you don't mind my hijacking your log for a bit, after watching me win games after game after game, my son, then about 6 yrs old asks "dad, you're so good at this, why don't you stop being a lawyer and just play baseball for work?"

Sorry if I messed up your Flow!

No messing up my flow at all. It's actually nice knowing that I'm not the only middle aged, or close to middle aged, guy on this board with a kid that still likes to play silly, animated baseball games.
Truth be told, it put a smile on my face. :D Yeah, nothing weird about that. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:20 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Chapter 5: The Prankster
The team clubhouse was most definitely a noisy place ahead of Charlotte’s first spring training game. The music was up and guys were walking around the clubhouse laughing and joking with each other.
The door to the manager’s office flung open violently and a normally reserved looking Matt Treanor emerged looking mad. He quickly found the source of the music, turned it of harshly and made his way to the center of the room. “Everyone, listen up!” Matt’s voice boomed and the boisterous clubhouse became silently still. The players noticed that Matt looked very angry indeed. But the other thing that was odd was that he kept reaching for the top of his back, moved his hand around a bit, then reached for the small of his back and did the same. For some reason he seemed to not be able to stop itching.
“I don’t know who thought it would be funny to put itching powder in my jersey.” Mat said loudly an edge in his voice. “But I assure you, when I find out who did this, and you can bet I will, that idiot will be spending the season in the Mexican league!”
Matt turned quickly and stomped back to his office slamming his door shut. The room remained quiet for a bit before a nervous murmur started to slowly work its way the room.
“Did you?” Rick Porcello had leaned over and asked the Nick Dirosa who was sitting next to him.
Nicks eyes went wide. “Are you kidding? Not a chance.”
Rick looked over at Henry Wiggen and silently asked the question. Henry answered by looking insulted.
“Uh-uh. I’d like to make this team” Andy Ashby replied once Rick looked at him.
The trio carried on their conversation about who the culprit may be when they were approached by Bret and Jay. “You guys know who did it?” Jay asked as he approached Rick.
“No one here did it. I guess you guys haven’t heard anything?” Rick asked.
Bret shook his head. “I wouldn’t expect anyone to own up to that.”
“You sure Rizzuto didn’t do it? Seems like something he’d try.” Andy said in a low voice inclining his head in Franky’s direction.
Jay shook his head. “He said it wasn’t him. Besides he can be a dick, but I can’t see him doing something that dumb.”
The group carried on their conversation for a few more till it was time to hit the field and start getting prepped for the game. For now the identity of the prankster would remain a mystery.

Agents... I hope this wasn't one of your clients.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:29 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Cannoneers open preseason with a win
Sid Rosenberg, Charlotte Observer

The Cannoneers got their preseason off to a good start by earning a 4-0 win over the San Diego Padres in the preseason opener. What was more impressive about this win is that Matt Treanor went mostly with a split squad type of lineup. The only players in last night’s line up projected to be regular starters out of camp later this spring were Candy Moldanado and Nick Dirosa, both whom had solid games. Treanor didn’t even insert any of his top starting pitching candidates into the game either.
Randy Michilalak started the game and went three scoreless, Kenji Wei entered in relief and pitched two perfect innings as well. From there Charlotte rotated out their relievers an inning at a time, including perfect innings by Andy Ashby and Derek Colangelo. The only pitching blemish belonged to Boris Trzesniak who surrendered the lone Padres run in the eight to Khalil Greene.
The catching battle also saw its first gold star as Nick Dirosa made an early case for himself to be the opening day starter. Dirosa was 1-4 and also threw out Brian Giles trying to steal second after he led the game off with a single.
The Cannoneers next game will be in two days as they make the short trip to take on the Dodgers.

Box Score
Tem-R-H-E
SD-1-8-1
CH-4-17-1

WP: Wei (1-0)
LP: Peavy (0-1)
SV: Colangelo (1)
Cannoneers: Ormond 3-5, 2RBI; Bannon 2-4, 2B, R
Michalak 4IP, 4H, 2K, 0ER; Ashby 1IP, 0ER

Cannoneer's (1-0)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:11 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Cannoneers wrap up preseason
By Sid Rosenberg: Charlotte Observer

Charlotte wrapped up it’s preseason in a big way last night as the pounded the Los Angeles Dodgers 10-2. The team pounded out 18 hits and the only damage LA did was in the ninth, stringing together 5 hits and two runs of would be closer Wade Davis.
Oscar Solar picked up the win going seven strong while striking out 8 and allowing just 2 hits and Andy Ashby pitched his second consecutive scoreless inning.
The offence lit up the Dodger staff, particularly Franky Rizzuto who picked up 6 RBI’s.
Charlotte now heads off to Cleveland where they will open the season with three against the Indians.

Box Score
Tem-R-H-E
CH-10-18-0
LAD-2-8-0

WP: Solar (1-0)
LP: Kuo (0-1)

Cannoneers: Rizzuto 3-5, 2B, HR, 6RBI; Johnson 4-5 2B, HR, 2RBI; Bruce 2-5 2B

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:20 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

"Aren't there way more than just two preseason games? Aren't we getting hosed here?" Rick asked as the team began packing to head for Cleveland.
"Normally, yes. But I think the author of this log got impatient and wanted to start the season." Matt replied as he walked through the clubhouse.
"The who?" Wade asked sounding confused.
"The writer." Matt replied pointing to the opposite side of the room.
Wade and Rick looked where Matt was pointing but didn't see anyone. "I don't see anyone." Wade turned around and was stunned to see that the clubhouse that was packed with players moments ago was no empty.
"What is going on here? Where did everybody go?" Rick said in a panic.
"On the team bus headed for the airport." A disembodied voice replied. "And unless you two want to not participate in the series I suggest you hurry."
"Holy crap, this place is haunted!" Wade said his face losing color and his eyes wide.
"BOO!!!"
Rick and wade ran shrieking out of the locker room for the bus.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:09 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Cannoneers' finalize roster ahead of opening day

Lineup
CF- SHane Curtis
LF- Brett Gardner
SS- Franky RIzzuto
1B- Dan Johnson
3B- ROscoe Haverson
RF- Jay Bruce
DH- Cody Bannon
2B- Candy Moldanado
C- Nick Dirosa

Bench
2B- Wally Richard
SS- Peter Sedlacek
C-Sean McMillan
CF- Kyle Ormand

Pitching Staff
1. Henry Wiggen
2. Oscar SOlar
3. Rick Porcello
4. Collin McRae
5. Randy Michalak
SW. Kenji Wei
R. Boris Trzesniak
R. Greg Camilo
R. Andy Ashby
R. Derek Colangelo
CL. Wade Davis

AAA Myrtle Beach
1B- Logan Dunwoody
1B- Henry Mallette
3B- Duke McGlinchy
C- George Hietpas
CF- Pat VanHekke
LF- Craig Nolen
P- Fred Myers
P- Josh Bailey
P- Zane Boughnight
P- Dusty Ziegler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:10 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Chapter 6: Cleveland’s Cold
“Uck. I can’t believe we have to open here.” Franky griped as the team made their way out of the airport and onto the pickup area to wait for the team bus to take them to their hotel.
It was a cold afternoon in Cleveland. Clouds hung over the city dropping frigid rain drops and the wind whipped around causing a deep, bone crushing cold.
“Damn!” Roscoe exclaimed, wrapping his arms around himself, as he walked out of the airport and was smacked by the cold. “I don’t think I’ve ever been anywhere this cold before. This sucks.”
“Come on, guys. It’s not that bad.” Dan Johnson said as he tried to be positive. “I’m sure there are worse places to be.”
Franky eyed Dan skeptically. “Name one.”
Dan shrugged. “You could be in extended spring training and not with the team.”
“Dan, that dog aint’ gonna’ hunt. It’s eighty-five and sunny in Arizona right now.” Roscoe replied back taking Franky’s side.
Franky looked sideways and saw Oscar rubbing his hands together. “What do you think, Oscar?”
“Is cold.” Oscar said in broken English.
The team bus arrived and all the players and coached scurried on quickly to escape the cold.
“Scouting reports?” Nick Dirosa asked as he sat next to Henry and saw he had a folder open and was reading a report. Henry nodded simply. “It say anything interesting?”
“Yeah, don’t make a mistake over the middle of the plate.” Henry deadpanned uncharacteristically as he read over the report.
Nick laughed. “Fastballs in and out and we’ll finish ‘em off with the curve. What do you think?”
Henry nodded. “I want to get in on the lefties and stay away from the righties them surprise them inside with a slider.”
“Um, ok, uh… I hadn’t really thought that deep about it yet.” Nick replied.
“You’re in a catching platoon to start the year. Maybe you should start.” Matt said as he walked by and overheard the conversation.
“Uh, oh. Not even into our first game and you’re on the coach’s bad side already.” Franky quipped from his seat across the aisle and Nick looked at him sideways.
“You’ve been on my bad side since camp.” Matt called back knocking his shortstop down a peg getting s laugh from anyone who overheard the conversation.
The bus pulled away shortly from the curb and took the team to the hotel. There was supposed to be a practice that afternoon, but it was cancelled due to the rain. Matt and the coaching staff instead held a meeting in the early evening to finish going over scouting reports and reminding everyone that lights out was 10:30 for a day game opener.
The team had a light diner before retiring for evening. And, whether either of them admitted it or not, everyone was feeling some form of anxiety or another. For all but one player on the roster, tomorrow was their first big league game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:18 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
#DFA Nick DiRosa

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update