Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: The New Knights | The Osaka Foxes
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:49 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
September 12, 2036

We’re playing the Marines in the rain tonight. Imae’s got a batting average of .368, yikes...

Chiba Lotte Marines (61-63-2) - 19
Osaka Foxes (47-75-4) - 14

0|2|1|0|0|1|7|1|7 19|30|0 Marines
1|1|1|0|0|3|6|2|0 14|22|0 Foxes

Marines:

Lineup:
1. Okada - CF (3-7, 2B, 1 RBI [42])
2. Suzuki - SS (5-7, 2B, 2 K)
3. Imae - 3B (3-5, DP, 2B, 2 RBI [89, 90])
Cyte - [3B] (1-1, 3B, 2 RBI [1, 2])
4. Bartley - 1B (4-6, 2 2B, 3 RBI [85, 86, 87])
Saburo - PR
5. Kakunaka - LF (3-6, 3B, 1 RBI [6])
6. Nemoto - DH (2-4, SAC, K, 2B, 1 RBI [56])
Fukuura - PH (1-1, 3B, 2 RBI [4, 5])
7. Fujimoto - 2B (4-5, 2B, 2 3B, 4 RBI [32, 33, 34, 35])
Kiyota - PR
Iguchi - [2B] (0-1)
8. Emura - C (1-6, 2B, 1 RBI [5])
9. Ishimine - RF (3-6, 2 2B, 2 RBI [42, 43])

Pitcher(s):
Karakawa (6 IP, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 K, 2 BB)
Fujioka (0 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB)
Ledezma (0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER)
Carlos (⅓ IP, 0 R)
Uchi (⅓ IP, 0 R)
Hattori (0 IP, 3 R, 3 ER)
Ueno (1 ⅓ IP, 2 R, 2 ER)
Masuda (1 IP, 0 R)

Foxes:

Lineup:
1. Izumi - 3B (2-6)
2. Iijima - 2B (1-5, DP, 2B, SF, 2 RBI [57, 58])
3. Kobayashi - SS (3-5, BB, HR [28], 3 RBI [79, 80, 81])
4. Suzuki - DH (2-6)
5. Abe - CF (5-6, 2B, HR [10], 3 RBI [53, 54, 55])
6. Imanami - C (0-6)
7. Nakamoto - 1B (3-4, BB, 1 RBI [57])
8. Hamazaki - RF (2-4, K, BB)
9. Sato - LF (4-5, 2B, K, 2 HR [1, 2], 4 RBI [2, 3, 4, 5])

Pitcher(s):
Suda (6 IP, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 K)
Iwasaki (0 IP, 5 R, 5 ER)
Kaga (2 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 K)
Osada (0 IP, 5 R, 5 ER)
Ohhara (1 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 K)

MVP:
Fujimoto: Went 4-5 with 2 triples, a double, and 4 RBI

WP: Ueno (5-6)
LP: Osada (3-3)
S: --

Image - Still from TV Broadcast of Sato’s First HR of Season

--

“*(censored)*!” For the first time, I raised my voice. Never--in my entire life--had I yelled like I had after this utterly embarrassing loss. “Is this some kind of *(censored)* joke to you guys?” The room was silent. “That was a shameful performance today. PARTICULARLY by the bullpen, who, it seems as usual, blew the lead THREE times in the last THREE innings. Letting up FIFTEEN runs in the final three frames is… I…” my mouth stumbled as I searched for more words, “This is just--I can’t even fathom how this could happen.”

I looked around the clubhouse to see the faces of the players actually looking back at me. I’m sure they were just as surprised as I was that I could be this upset.

“This is perhaps the most disappointing, embarrassing game I have ever had the displeasure being a part of.” I sighed. “If there’s anything good to be said, it’s that the offense continues to shine despite troubles in every other aspect of our game. And Sato…” His indifferent expression remained unchanged as I singled him out, “congrats on that first homerun.”

I noticed Suzuki getting up to leave.

“Sit down.” I said in his general direction.
He didn’t hesitate to get in my face, “Your skinny ass doesn’t tell me what to do. Besides, this little diva act doesn’t really work for you, kid. Give it up.” He pushed me aside and pushed open the locker room door.
“...*(censored)* you.” I said to the door as it closed.

“Everyone else… Go home. No practice tomorrow. Not that any of you would *(censored)* should up anyways.” I began walking to my office, “Dismissed!” I said to hasten their exit.

The rest of the players filtered out, and I slipped into the dingy office. The chair squeaked when I sat down. I put my head in my hands.

“What the hell am I supposed to do?”

The room provided no response.

“I can’t possibly fix this…”

---

AgentP wrote:
ooo, drama goin down :eyes:

uh oohhhhh :i's:

detroittigers15 wrote:
Sounds like it'd be best for the team to get Suzuki out of the clubhouse permanently.

That would certainly help things out...

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:01 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Hey man try pitching better

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:16 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Athletics
Release Suzuki he's a scrub plus a clubhouse cancer

.247 is better than .000 if I'm being honest.-BBMan9500

I will always love this place

When there is actually activity again I'll be there!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:40 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Mets
Without the DH rule, Suzuki's career would have been over a long time ago. He's been anything BUT clutch all year. He seems impossible to trade.
I'm curious what everyone's batting stats are. Will they be shown at the end of the season?

detroittigers15 wrote:

First he needs pitchers XD Go back to the beginning of his Osaka Foxes tenure and see how abysmal his pitching staff truly is.
"Pitching better" is really not all that much possible.

With that said, probably best to draft pitchers exclusively this year and use F/A for fielders (though I'm not sure how you want to handle managing the team in a realistic manner going forward)

I am curious though whether you intentionally play the games on highest difficulty or just only control the game as a manager (pitcher swap/pinch hitter/pinch runner etc...) and watch the cpu vs cpu play the game out. There's been so many games where your team has given up 20+ hits.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:17 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
only fifteen runs in the last three innings. Are you the orioles now? Are you trying to find ways to lose?

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:13 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

September 13, 2036
3L Apartment Complex, Unit 318, Kobe
11:47

My eyes snuck open. It was all real… Not some nightmare I can just push away. I was up, but I wasn’t ready to be awake.

September 13, 2036
3L Apartment Complex, Unit 318, Kobe
13:44

“Shit!” I ripped myself away from dully scrolling down the news feed on my phone. “‘These Three Superfruits Will Save Your Skin. Literally!’ is going to have to wait. I can’t spend the whole damn day in bed. I dragged off my covers, slipped on my slippers and shuffled to the bathroom to get ready for a day I didn’t have any plans for other than not being at home.

September 13, 2036
Ikuta Shrine, Kobe
14:39

“This has been standing since the third century, did you know that?” An older man, taller than me and dressed in a blue button-up shirt and khakis, told me as I stood in awe of the great Ikuta Shrine. He had glasses on a string around his neck.
“I didn’t know that, no. That’s pretty amazing.”
He put his glasses back on. “Truly, it is. They say the goddess Wakahirume rests here, do you believe that?”
“Huh?”
“The goddess Wakahirume. It is said she wove the clothes of Amaterasu. Or perhaps she was her daughter… It’s unclear. Nonetheless, Empress Jingū built this shrine in her honor.”
“Wow.”
He shifted his focus from the shrine itself onto me. He looked me over, seemingly studying me. Or maybe, more apt, he was studying my physical presence. “How old are you, young man?” he finally asked.
“32.” I replied, sort of taken aback.
“Enjoy yourself. You’re living your best years, and they only get better from here.”
“...Thank you. I really appreciate that.”
“Everyone needs a pick-me-up day sometimes. I know whenever I do, I come here and talk to Wakahirume. It’s amazing how good a listener someone who can’t speak back is.” He laughed a quiet, reserved laugh, “Find your peace, young man, and you may as well be walking amongst the gods.”
He extended his hand, “Have a glorious day, Mr…?”
I met his hand with mine, “Oh, uh! Azuma. Ryu Azuma.”
“Ohoho, a powerful name! Thank you for listening, Mr. Azuma.”

He left before I was able to get his name. Rather than ruminate on a potential missed opportunity for a sagely father-figure, I began to roam around the Ikuta Shrine. This small sanctuary among towering office buildings brought calm to my stormy mind.

What’s my problem? Baseball? What is that in the grand scope? It’s nothing much. I made my way to the small stream that runs through the shrine. My problems are miniscule on the cosmic scale and really… that means I have nothing to worry about, right? But it is my job and I have to do well at my job, or else I’ll get fired. So maybe I do have to worry about it… Maybe it’s good I’m worrying? Nah, it can’t be good to worry. I continued my walk around the shrine, not completely paying attention to where I was going. It’s just so goddamn frustrating that nothing I’ve tried has worked so far. Not that I’ve really even tried much. I just… damn I wanted this to go smoother. This isn’t what I thought was going to happen at all. The Archers working out so well didn’t help. Hah! That’s a weird one, “working out so well didn’t help.” But shit, it’s true.

I snapped out of my head back at the main entrance of the shrine. There was a familiar face looking back in my direction.

“Uhh… Tsuzumi?”

--

detroittigers15 wrote:

someday, maybe :'/

Baseballteen9500 wrote:
Release Suzuki he's a scrub plus a clubhouse cancer

that big boi's got an iron grip on that there clubhouse... maybe an outside force would help??

Kungfupandacam wrote:
only fifteen runs in the last three innings. Are you the orioles now? Are you trying to find ways to lose?

holy shit lmao, we basically are the Orioles, even down to the Black/Orange color scheme

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:17 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

HunterFox wrote:
Without the DH rule, Suzuki's career would have been over a long time ago. He's been anything BUT clutch all year. He seems impossible to trade.
I'm curious what everyone's batting stats are. Will they be shown at the end of the season?

detroittigers15 wrote:

First he needs pitchers XD Go back to the beginning of his Osaka Foxes tenure and see how abysmal his pitching staff truly is.
"Pitching better" is really not all that much possible.

With that said, probably best to draft pitchers exclusively this year and use F/A for fielders (though I'm not sure how you want to handle managing the team in a realistic manner going forward)

I am curious though whether you intentionally play the games on highest difficulty or just only control the game as a manager (pitcher swap/pinch hitter/pinch runner etc...) and watch the cpu vs cpu play the game out. There's been so many games where your team has given up 20+ hits.

It's kinda unreal using a 3/F/C/G guy as the cleanup hitter lol, but here we are! I'll have a stats update at the end of the season, which, holy shit, is rapidly approaching.

Our pitching is almost on a different level of bad, playing with them is so gd tense lol. Honestly though, it's kinda fun to get demolished, since it fits in fiction heehee

The free agent pool in Japan, or well at least in JPPY, is usually very small so I'll take what comes there.

I'm playing on the second highest difficulty atm, which is a bit too high for the skill level of the players on the team, but I play all the games I highlight myself so they're all legit. Those 20 hits are just... kinda a part of Foxes life now lol

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:09 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

September 13, 2036
Ikuta Shrine, Kobe
14:50

“Uhh… Tsuzumi?” I pondered aloud.
“Ryu!” She hastened her pace and hugged me. “What a, uhh, crazy coincidence running into you here... It’s so good to see you!”
I awkwardly laughed as we exited the hug, “It’s good to see you too, Tsuzumi. Uhhh, what the hell are you doing here, though?”
“I’m uh, hmm…” She began to rub her chin, “Here to visit the Takenaka Museum!”
“I didn’t know you were into carpentry.”
“Oh yeah. I’m all about tools, Ryu. I’m always around Laisei, after all.”
“Haha! That is true. Well uh, I don’t want to impede. I’ll leave you to it.” I turned around.
Tsuzumi grabbed my shoulder, “Oh nonono, Ryu you’re coming with me!”
“Errr...”
“If fate’s going to deal us this hand, we have to play it! Come on, it’ll be fuuuun.”

I had no choice, it seemed. I nodded and we began our walk to the Takenaka Museum.

September 13, 2036
Takenaka Museum, Kobe
15:23

We were standing in front of a bunch of knives stuck in a piece of wood. Beautiful knives and wood, mind, but knives in wood all the same.
“Wow… Isn’t this amazing, Azuma?” Tsuzumi was enthralled by these tools. Seems she wasn’t joking…
“Oh, uh, yeah. Wow. Knives.” I didn’t share her enthusiasm, unfortunately.
“This isn’t your scene, is it Ryu?”
“Er.. uh, well I mean these are very impressive and pretty tools, yeah? It’s just, uh, yeah…”
“Hm…” She put her hand on her chin. “Well then, follow me.”
She grabbed my hand.

We stopped in front of a model chashitsu in one of the side rooms of the museum. There was only one other person in the room, an older woman, reading about the tearoom.

The structure itself was beautifully crafted, a small room made specifically for tea ceremonies years ago. Though they no longer really properly exist outside of some of the older neighborhoods outside of the bigger cities, their simplicity and elegance is emulated by many builders today. It was odd, but this small, perfectly created, tatami-floored room was making me feel things. There was harmonious energy emanating from this room.

Tsuzumi walked inside and motioned for me to follow.
I followed.

She sat down in the middle of the room.
I sat next to her.

“Ryu?” She broke the silence.
“Yeah?”
“Can I tell you something?”
“Sure.”

She took a slow breath.

“I lived in Kumamoto when I was younger.” She didn’t turn her head towards me when she spoke, instead opting to speak to the wall in front of us. I listened nonetheless. “Sometimes, during the summer--this is probably back when I was 10 or 11--I would go out to the woods and lay in a clearing near our house right before the sun set. Tsuyoshi was still only 3 at the time, so I don’t think our parents either cared or noticed that I was gone so often. Hah!” she tilted her head back to look at the ceiling, “maybe that’s why I did it in the first place, huh? So they would pay attention to me again?” She focused back on the wall, “Anyways, I used to just lay there and look at the sky as it skated by me. The clouds dancing and changing shape, disappearing into the darkness, hiding behind a sea of stars, waiting for the sun to come back and save them in the morning. I laid there as the sky caught fire, flashing beautiful shades of red and orange. I laid there and let the summer days wind to a calming conclusion… And I always hoped that maybe somehow, someday, one day, these small hours would never end. I hoped that I would always be able enjoy the peace that this clearing brought me. But then,” she finally looked at me, “when I was 13, my family moved to Tokyo.”

She stood up and began pacing, “My clearing was gone, the stars--a once strong sea--were reduced to reflections of the city’s lights. I was lost. Gone. The peace and simplicity of our lives was replaced by the stresses of my mother’s job and, in turn, my father’s increasing annoyance that she was almost never around. Everything was different. Everything was worse, and I was lost.”

She sat back down in front of me, “Ryu.” Her simply saying my name pierced my soul, “I come to this museum whenever I visit Kobe, and really any museum in any city I visit, because it brings me back to that clearing. I can move slow again, I can turn off the secretary-pep for a few hours and just be the 10 year old girl looking at the clouds again. This museum’s one of my favorites because of this room. There’s hardly ever anyone here, and I can just sit and enjoy my own company. The bustle of the city disappears, and I’m finally able to be myself again…”

She took a deep breath and slowly got back up to her feet, “Sorry.”
“Oh, no. No, don’t be sorry.” I quickly spat out a response.
She again looked toward the wall, “I’ve never really told anyone about that clearing. I dunno why I--uhh, hunh.”

I didn’t know what to do. Do I hug her here? She looks so damn sad, I should hug her, right? Would that be weird though? RRGH What the hell do I do?!

I put my hand on her shoulder, “Tsuzumi, I’m--I’m honored that you told me this.”
She smiled.
“Really, that’s… I had no idea.”
“Well, uhh, thanks for listening, Ryu. I guess what I was trying to get at was just… uh, I dunno, find your peace? Maybe? I dunno… I just… had to get that out sometime, and, heh, well figured now or never.”
“Funny, you’re actually not the first one to tell me that exact thing today.”
She chuckled, “Well then! Must be a peaceful kinda day, huh?”
I smiled, “uhh, sorry for making fun of the knives earlier.”
She laughed, “Let’s get the hell out of here.”

September 13, 2036
3L Apartment Complex Garden, Kobe
17:59

“Thanks for walking me back, Tsuzumi.” I stood in front of my apartment building.
“Thanks again for listening to me babble.”
“Oh please, I’m like a brook when it comes to babbling, so that was nothing.”
What the hell was that? My cheeks got a bit red after that line.
“Heehee, well then, Mr. Brook, looks like this is your stop.”
“Yep.”
“I, um, I guess I’ll be seeing you Ryu.”
“Soon too! The Knights are heading over here next week. Err, if you’re going to be traveling with the team. Which I dunno if you do. Uhhh”
“Oh, sometimes!”
“Yeah.”
“Okay, well, see ya then, maybe.”

She turned her back and began to walk.

“Oh,” she slowly turned back around, “I guess I should tell you…”
“Hm?”
“I was at yesterday’s game. That’s--uhhh, that’s why I’m here.”
“...”
“Yeah…”
“Shit. Sorry you had to see such a shitty game.”

She smiled again, turned around, and disappeared down the street.

“Damn.”

That’s embarrassing.

Money can't buy life

Last edited by Powerprosfan31 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:10 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:26 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

September 19, 2036

Ohhh boy, we’ve got the Knights again tonight. Their incredible rookie Ikari is pitching, too… Nonetheless, we’re going for our (perhaps unattainable?) 50th win today, although I have to say I don’t have much faith…

Kyoto Knights (88-37-7) - 30
Osaka Foxes (49-79-4) - 3

3|0|4|1|4|7|0|0|11 30|40|0 Knights
0|0|3|0|0|0|0|0|00 03|08|0 Foxes

Knights:

Lineup:
1. Ishikawa - CF (2-5, SAC, 2B, 2 RBI [61, 62])
- Kirmant - PH (1-1, 2B, 2 RBI [11, 12])
- Hirano - PR (1-1, 2B, 3 RBI [1, 2, 3])
2. Yoshimi - LF (4-8, 4 2B, 2 K, DP, 3 RBI [58, 59, 60])
3. Fujioka - RF (6-7, K, 2 2B, 4 RBI [98, 99, 100, 101])
4. Ootake - DH (2-6, K, 2 HR [47, 48], 4 RBI [139, 140, 141, 142])
- Yamashita - PR [DH] (1-1, 2B, 1 RBI [3])
5. Saitoh - C (4-7, 2 2B, DP, 1 RBI [60])
6. Kura - SS (4-7)
7. Oka - 1B (5-7, 2B, HR [8], 3 RBI [53, 54, 55])
8. Tajima - 3B (4-7, 3 K, 3B, 4 RBI [61, 62, 63, 64])
9. Ji - 2B (6-7, 3 RBI [54, 55, 56])

Pitcher(s):
Ikari (5 IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB)
Kim (2 ⅓ IP, 0 R, 1 BB)
Senga (1 ⅔ IP, 0 R)

Foxes:

Lineup:
1. Izumi - 3B (1-5)
2. Iijima - 2B (2-4, HR [12], 3 RBI [64, 65, 66])
3. Kobayashi - SS (0-4)
4. Suzuki - DH (0-4)
5. Nishizawa - CF (1-3, HBP)
6. Imanami - C (0-2, 2 BB)
7. Abe - RF (1-4, DP)
8. Hamazaki - LF (0-4)
9. Asao - 1B (3-4, 2 2B)

Pitcher(s):
Suda (4+ IP, 12 R, 12 ER, 3 K)
Ohhara (1 IP, 0 R, 1 K)
Kaga (⅓ IP, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 K)
Yamamoto (1 ⅔ IP, 1 R, 1 ER)
Iwasaki (1 ⅔ IP, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 K)
Osada (0 IP, 4 R, 4 ER)
Fujii (⅔ IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 K)

MVP:
Fujioka: Guess it had to go to someone, and he went 6-7 with 2 doubles and 4 RBI

WP: Ikari (16-3)
LP: Suda (5-8)
S: --

--

I…

Everything was a blur.
I walked down the hallway. The dingy locker room’s walls bled orange. My bag rested heavily on my left shoulder. I opened the doors.

I went home.

--bzzbzzz--

I pulled my phone out of my pocket on the train.
Laisei.
The haptic buzzing of my phone was strangely calming.
I put my phone back in my pocket when it stopped.

--bzzbzzzzzzz--

I closed my eyes.

The highest run total of all time was the 1940 Hankyu Army team, who scored 32 runs. The Knights are now in second after the record standing for nearly 100 years. The Knights now have the record for the most hits in a single game of all time with an astounding 40. This was perhaps the most lopsided victory in NPB history… and I was at the helm of the losing side of it.

---

detroittigers15 wrote:
vid

heehee

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:42 pm 
Ace
Ace

Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PSP) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Good god almighty...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:24 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
did you mean: https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxe ... 8221.shtml ?

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:12 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

September 29, 2036

Lions.

Saitama Seibu Lions (56-78-7) - 12
Osaka Foxes (54-83-4) - 11

2|3|0|0|0|0|0|7|0 12|21|0 Lions
2|0|0|1|1|0|0|0|7 11|21|0 Foxes

Lions:

Lineup:
1. Watanabe - SS (1-5)
- Tehada - PH (0-1)
- Onizaki - [SS]
2. Kataoka - 2B (2-5, 2 RBI [55, 56])
3. Sakata - DH (4-5, 2 2B, DP, HR [11], 2 RBI [35, 36])
- Kaneko - PR [DH]
4. Nakamura - 3B (3-5, 2 2B, HR [35], 2 RBI [81, 82])
5. Asamura - 1B (2-5, K, 2B, 1 RBI [86])
6. Kuriyama - RF (2-5, HR [11], 2 RBI [60, 61])
7. Akiyama - LF (4-5, K, 2 2B, HR [16], 1 RBI [68])
8. Sumitani - C (1-5, DP, HR [6], 1 RBI [43])
9. Kumashiro - CF (2-4, 2B, 1 RBI [25])
- German - PH [CF] (0-1)

Pitcher(s):
Okamoto (4 IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 K, 2 BB)
Masuda (2 IP, 1 R, 1 ER)
Sarfate (2+ IP, 2 R, 2 ER)
Yamamoto (0 IP, 4 R, 4 ER)
Wakui (1 IP, 1 R, 1 ER)

Foxes

Lineup:
1. Izumi - 3B (1-4, 2B, BB, 2 DP, 1 RBI [49])
2. Iijima - 2B (1-5, 1 RBI [68])
3. Kobayashi - SS (4-5, 4 2B, 1 RBI [101])
4. Suzuki - DH (3-5, 2 2B, 4 RBI [68, 69, 70, 71])
5. Nishizawa - CF (2-3, BB, SF, HR [6], 3 RBI [76, 77, 78])
6. Imanami - C (2-5, K, DP, 2B, HR [11], 1 RBI [60])
7. Nakamoto - 1B (3-5)
8. Abe - RF (2-5, DP)
9. Hamazaki - LF (3-5, DP)

Pitcher(s):
Fujii (7 IP, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 K)
Osada (⅓ IP, 2 R, 2 ER)
Kaga (⅓ IP, 5 R, 5 ER)
Iwasaki (1 ⅓ IP, 0 R)

MVP:
Kuriyama: His homerun in the 8th ended up being the difference in this shockingly close game.

WP: Masuda (6-3)
LP: Fujii (8-7)
S: Wakui (32)

--

“Honestly, I was kinda hoping that it wouldn’t end up so close. To tell you guys the truth, that just makes this loss hurt even more.” The boys left in the clubhouse looked at me. I sheepishly continued my postgame address, “If there was a saving grace, though, it would be you--” I pointed to my shortstop “Kobayashi. Four doubles? AND an RBI? That’s pretty impressive, man.”
“Oh, well uhh, thank you coach.”
“You’re welcome.” I sighed, “Hell, the whole offense did a great job today…”

I sat down in a folding chair next to the whiteboard.
“*(censored)* it.” I waved my hand in the air, “No practice tomorrow. Enjoy your Tuesday, show up on time Wednesday for the last series, and… uh, yeah. We can finally put this year to bed.”

The players began funneling out of the locker room.

I sat on the folding chair.
...Almost there…

---

Rakumen wrote:
Good god almighty...

:\\

AgentP wrote:

holy shit lmao, we Are The Orioles

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:32 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
How do you give up 40 hits, that's insane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:19 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

September 30, 2036
3L Apartment Complex, Unit 318
8:57

“I just don’t know what to do, Yuki…”
“Well, what do you think you should do?”

I decided to ring in my final offday with a call to my sister, Miyuki. Now that she’s a wisened 40-year old, I figured she would have at least some advice for how I should go about this whole… Foxes business.

“Huh?” I wasn’t sure what she meant.
“Do you feel like you’re doing the right thing, right now?
“I mean, yeah. I’ve always wanted to be a manger.”
“Sure, but now you’re faced with something I dunno you’ve ever been faced with before.”
“Yeah?”
“Yeah. Failure.”

Goddamn, way to sugarcoat it there, sis… “Oh, uh… yeah…”
“Ryu,” she sighed, “not everything’s always going to be great or easy. Sometimes you’re going to fail, sometimes things aren’t gonna go your way. And that’s totally, totally okay.”
“Yeah, but--”
She cut me off, “No. No buts, we Azumas fail all the damn time. You… just took a little bit longer than the rest of us, haha!”
“Hahah…” Her laugh was infectious, as always, “I suppose I’m just nervous is all.”
“Nervous?”
“Yeah, that I’ll lose my job at the end of the season.”

There was a pause.

“Ryu…” was all she responded.
“I know, it’s just that… you know how it goes… with the overthinking and everything.”
“That overthinking stuff gets you into more trouble than it’s worth. You know that, don’t you?”
“I… Yeah, I do.”
“Then do all your thinking right now, get it out of the way. Get through the rest of the year, and be free. Whatever happens, happens, right?”
“...Right.”
“Alright! Get to thinking!”
“Haha! Thanks, sis.”
“I’m always here for you, Ryu. Call me whenever. Or, hell, come on over whenever!”
“Hey now, I’ll hold you to that.”
“I hope you do!”

We chatted for a few more minutes about her job, Kenma, and maybe finally reconnecting with our parents someday--though there wasn’t really anything of note said.

“Alright well, I’ll be seeing you then, Yuki.” I said
“See you, Ryu. I love you.”
“Love you too.”

-beep-

Now… After all of that, I’ve really got to make something of today. But uh, what the hell should I do? This is our last off-day before the end of the season. I’ve got to do something at least a little worthwhile.

--

ZeroGibson13 wrote:
How do you give up 40 hits, that's insane

honestly, couldn't tell ya lol

Money can't buy life

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next