Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to the game
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:15 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

i've just started to play 2008 after a long hiatus from 2007. only been playing MLB Life mode so far. just happened to notice a couple of things and wondered if i was alone in this.

maybe i'm just getting old but does 2008 seem harder than 2007? the pitches seem faster on normal and the pitchers are better at hitting the corners.

is AAA just waaay too easy? the first season, even with con E and pwr E i was hitting doubles and line drives everywhere and then i get to the majors and i'm hitting .250. i got sent down to AAA a couple of times and honestly i'd rather just stay there. seems like i get to advance a lot faster there. by the way, the fielding in AAA is just awful.

did the defense get much better in 2008, especially with the infield? seems like grounders through the infield are much tougher to get and the pitcher gets a hand on everything up the middle. even with solid strokes i was making outs constantly in the majors.

i definitely enjoy MLB Life but i wish i could actually stay down in AAA longer to develop. no way a 4th rounder comes up to the majors after just a month in A ball.

Post subject: Re: New to the game
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:14 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Do you play everygame? There is a big change from minors to majors. 1st, you wont see lvl 4/5 pitchers in the minors. If it is hard, turn it to lock on 1, pitch speed slow and everything down to the max. Adjust 1st and slowly increase the level of difficulty.

Success Players

Tony Pena (SP)
Stetter (CP)
Kevin Frandsen (3B)
O'Flaherty (1B)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:41 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

i'm playing every game. i'm frustrated but it's not that bad yet. :)

i'm definitely thinking about bringing it down to slow speed but i'm able to hold off. i'm in the second year and hitting .320 but almost all singles to center or right field.

how can you tell the level of a pitcher?

sometimes the game says i increased a level. is there a way to tell what level i'm on? in my skills screen, i'm a level D but i'm guessing that's completely separate from what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:26 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Sony PS2
level during the game: the level of a given breaking ball, i.e. Joe Blow might have a Lvl 2 slider and Lvl 4 curve, John Doe may have a Lvl 3 slow curve and Lvl 2 2-seamer, and so on.
your level, off field: basically a grade measuring your fame and notoriety. if your level's high enough, or you play well enough, you'll have a title like Mr. October, Fireballer, Terminator, something of that ilk.